Doug CNN Wants to Know

anonymous

How can we get the media to pick up this story, they love to rake pharma over the coals.
1. So Doug, could you explain the criteria NNI used to determine whether or not your sales team would return to work? Despite record rising Covid numbers, clearly your criteria was much lower than that of other big pharma companies because there teams are still working from home.
2. Doug, how does that criteria match with your triple bottom line philosophy?
3. Doug I must be missing something here. Could you help me understand how a reduction in headcount is happening yet again for 4th time in the last 5 years....... who is leading this company?
4. Doug let me see if I’m understanding you correctly... NNI just raised 4th quarter earnings projections, you are profitable at every turn according to your own measurements, your sales team is working in the field risking their health and that of their families and loved ones, you have grossly manipulated their bonuses, and you are having a reduction in head count??? How do you feel about that?
Doug, by all calculations that is the definition of corporate greed.
5. Finally Doug, do you think your ET and home office employees would be willing to share recommendations for their favorite recipes or Netflix suggestions???

<

How can we get the media to pick up this story, they love to rake pharma over the coals.
1. So Doug, could you explain the criteria NNI used to determine whether or not your sales team would return to work? Despite record rising Covid numbers, clearly your criteria was much lower than that of other big pharma companies because there teams are still working from home.
3. Doug I must be missing something here. Could you help me understand how a reduction in headcount is happening yet again for 4th time in the last 5 years....... who is leading this company?
4. Doug let me see if I’m understanding you correctly... NNI just raised 4th quarter earnings projections, you are profitable at every turn according to your own measurements, your sales team is working in the field risking their health and that of their families and loved ones, you have grossly manipulated their bonuses, and you are having a reduction in head count??? How do you feel about that?
5. Finally Doug, do you think your ET and home office employees would be willing to share recommendations for their favorite recipes or Netflix suggestions???

Honestly everyone that feels a way about Novo should post anonymously on Glassdoor. Every company values GD and it's often used to rank pharma companies. Right now our score looks about average or slightly above other pharma companies. If everyone posted how they thought lately it would obliterate how Novo stands. HR actually cares more about Glassdoor scores

Look, I know you’re pissed about layoffs, but no one can reasonably argue that they aren’t the right thing to do. Financials may look great, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do just as well or better with fewer people. There is no scenario at all that justifies 3 people promoting 2 products in exactly the same geography, disease state, and class. How did you not see this coming?

Look, I know you’re pissed about layoffs, but no one can reasonably argue that they aren’t the right thing to do. Financials may look great, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do just as well or better with fewer people. There is no scenario at all that justifies 3 people promoting 2 products in exactly the same geography, disease state, and class. How did you not see this coming?

Agree.
But also
2 or sometimes even 3 Endo reps per territory with under 50 targets just dropping checks on people.

DBMs having 9 or less direct hires, so they are in the field way to much.

DEs working healthsystems talking
non branded to these places that h e their own DEs within the healthsystem.

HSreps who literally have ZERO access in some places.

H/O people....could be gutted.

Yes, way too many people.
Cut all of it down.

No argument here.

Agree.
But also
2 or sometimes even 3 Endo reps per territory with under 50 targets just dropping checks on people.

DBMs having 9 or less direct hires, so they are in the field way to much.

DEs working healthsystems talking
non branded to these places that h e their own DEs within the healthsystem.

HSreps who literally have ZERO access in some places.

H/O people....could be gutted.

Yes, way too many people.
Cut all of it down.

No argument here.

I agree. If we’ve done something wrong, it’s that we’ve tried to ease our way into this over a course of several years. Just pull the damn band aid off.

There is no reason that Novo is only promoting 2 products. There is still money to be made on Tresiba. Novo has a habit of walking away from one product to quickly promote the next week one. Case in point....Victoza had not reached its peak before Ozempic. We need to maximize the growth of one product before we move onto the next or be incentivized on growing both or maintaining one while growing the other. Novo can’t cry poor us, we’re loosing too much money on Tresiba! Them don’t walk away from it.

There is no reason that Novo is only promoting 2 products. There is still money to be made on Tresiba. Novo has a habit of walking away from one product to quickly promote the next week one. Case in point....Victoza had not reached its peak before Ozempic. We need to maximize the growth of one product before we move onto the next or be incentivized on growing both or maintaining one while growing the other. Novo can’t cry poor us, we’re loosing too much money on Tresiba! Them don’t walk away from it.

I completely agree and was just talking about this today with my teammates ( who will see this and rib me about it). Tresiba is declining here and could be easily remedied with one out of the three of us focusing on it. Just does not make sense.

You’re talking about lifecycle management, and Novo has always sucked at it. Look what Lilly and Sanofi did with concentrated insulin - repackaged the same product in concentrated form, squeezed a few more years of patent life out of it, and made billions from it. But, frankly, you can thank us for the state of the insulin market and why we walked away - we brought out products that were inferior to the competition (Levemir) and decided to start a rebate war. The result werediscounts so high that you couldn’t make a good profit anymore. And when you finally had a really good product (Tresiba), nobody cared anymore b/c we had already made it all about price and the biosimilars were here. It’s a shame. But, the mine6 to be made in insulin isn’t worth the salespeople it would cost us. We’ll just fight for formulary status. All we have are the new GLP 1, and we don’t need nearly as many people as we have to promote them.