• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Don't blame Gonzo for Shire failure...blame Obama

Anonymous

I don't work for Abbvie but i don't think all the shots toward the CEO are fair re Shire fiasco. It was Obama's thugs at US Treasury Dept that targeted Abbvie's deal. Why? BC Obama is a brainless, capitalism-hating baby Marxist who hates prosperous American companies. I actually give Gonzo props for publicly denouncing the Administration.

As far as Gonzo's ability to launch drugs...um...well, that's a different issue.

<

I don't work for Abbvie but i don't think all the shots toward the CEO are fair re Shire fiasco. It was Obama's thugs at US Treasury Dept that targeted Abbvie's deal. Why? BC Obama is a brainless, capitalism-hating baby Marxist who hates prosperous American companies. I actually give Gonzo props for publicly denouncing the Administration.

As far as Gonzo's ability to launch drugs...um...well, that's a different issue.

You are so wrong on this one.
Gonzo claimed that the Shire acquisition was a good deal even without tax inversion.
Also, do you really think the whole tax inversion scheme is good for our country! You can criticize Obama on a lot of things, but on this one he was right.

Why are you on our board if you don't work for AbbVie? Go away, just go away. We have enough stupid shit to deal with from our own organization. We don't need some half-assed political science lesson. It was a messed up deal from the start to the 1.6B we had to pay not to buy them. It wasn't political it was business and if the deal was so good like Ricky said the change in the tax law wouldn't have mattered.

Why are you on our board if you don't work for AbbVie? Go away, just go away. We have enough stupid shit to deal with from our own organization. We don't need some half-assed political science lesson. It was a messed up deal from the start to the 1.6B we had to pay not to buy them. It wasn't political it was business and if the deal was so good like Ricky said the change in the tax law wouldn't have mattered.

Exactly. U turn about face on Shire. Had nothing to do with the products it was all about the international address.