• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Does Pfizer let you go the day you give notice??

From what I have seen, representatives have a day or two to wrap up in the field and soon thereafter the company takes back the computer and car. It has always seemed to be a pretty fast process. I think the company knows you are not going to be "selling."

From my experience, the day you give notice, you are instructed to stay out of the territory. Your manager will quickly schedule up the exit processes...sample inventory/audit, company equipment will be retained, storage closet signed over to the manager, fleet will be contacted to retrieve your car, and your pay will end 2 weeks after you give notice.

Negotiate with your new employer for a signing bonus that covers any loss of bonus, award trip or options, etc.... that you are leaving on the table at Pfizer in order to join them. Many companies will do this.