Does anyone else have a rookie manager?

<

I mean really? It is horrific. Field rides every three weeks. Screw the clients, I am tired of seeing her/him. Nice person. But fucking really!!!

It is about checking the boxes not the customers. If you tell the manager that the doc does not wish to see management, this type of manager does not listen. Typical Novartis, treat the customer poorly. The only way to stop this poor management style is to get the entire team to complain at once.

To think they got rid of some good seasoned DMs during rounds of cuts. These were people who spent many years in te field andknew the business as well as how to treat people.

Every good rep has to learn an indispensable skill: "how to manage a manager"

Pfizer has let all of the good managers go or feoced them to leave

Anyone who can actually motivate people to perform at their best will run into a buzzsaw when their RM and RBD and AVP tell them to do things that don't make any sense.

Speak up and you're signed your name to the next exit. All the managers who are still here are in preservation mode. It's a gutless and spineless profession, which is why field reps who understand the business could never submit to it

It is, however, incumbent upon us to not let a manager negatively impact your business when they want to tag along with you in the field every 12-15 business days.

Anyone who can actually motivate people to perform at their best will run into a buzzsaw when their RM and RBD and AVP tell them to do things that don't make any sense.

Speak up and you're signed your name to the next exit. All the managers who are still here are in preservation mode. It's a gutless and spineless profession, which is why field reps who understand the business could never submit to it

It is, however, incumbent upon us to not let a manager negatively impact your business when they want to tag along with you in the field every 12-15 business days.

My manager isn't a rookie - tenured, but does the same thing. 2-day ride alongs that are torture in a hosptial setting. Offices are a piece of cake compared to this. No one knows him and no one wants to see him. I don't know what he is thinking.

My manager isn't a rookie - tenured, but does the same thing. 2-day ride alongs that are torture in a hosptial setting. Offices are a piece of cake compared to this. No one knows him and no one wants to see him. I don't know what he is thinking.

He has a job to do. There are certain expectations of him by his State Director.
He'd probably rather NOT be out there that often.

To think they got rid of some good seasoned DMs during rounds of cuts. These were people who spent many years in te field andknew the business as well as how to treat people.

People ended up in management who NEVER hired anyone, never even conducted an interview. Veritable newbies with two years experience were replacing 25-26-27 year seasoned war horses. Cuts in the past have been based on how brown one's nose was.

I mean really? It is horrific. Field rides every three weeks. Screw the clients, I am tired of seeing her/him. Nice person. But fucking really!!!

Here is the funny thing: district managers are SUPPOSED to be with their people every 3 or 4 weeks. On average, they're supposed to have 4 office days a month and 16 days in the field. If they have 10 people to cover.....do the math.

If stockholders really knew how little we do and how rarely our managers actually "manage" us with field rides, they would demand further paring down of field force. Moral of the story is to keep yer pie hole SHUT! Besides, go to the contract sales company boards here on CP. There are tons of former reps working contracts that would give an organ to have your "problem".

Here is the funny thing: district managers are SUPPOSED to be with their people every 3 or 4 weeks. On average, they're supposed to have 4 office days a month and 16 days in the field. If they have 10 people to cover.....do the math.

If stockholders really knew how little we do and how rarely our managers actually "manage" us with field rides, they would demand further paring down of field force. Moral of the story is to keep yer pie hole SHUT! Besides, go to the contract sales company boards here on CP. There are tons of former reps working contracts that would give an organ to have your "problem".

Not a rookie...but an imbecile nevertheless.

Promoted or moved into the position based on one of the following:

Minority
Female
Have a PHD in sucking up to their prior boss and 2 levels above
Have served in the Armed Forces
Have something on one of the Senior Leaders

Out of pharma, your leader MAY work with you every few MONTHS, and/or for an important appointment.

They TRUST you, and your sales numbers reflect that you are working/selling.

In pharma, WHAT does the DM do? Ride-alongs and approve expense reports?

Glorified babysitters!

Dragging your supervisor into a doctor's office is truly one of the worst, most degrading things that you can do these days. EMR adaptation has resulted in such a huge loss of productivity for our offices that they are stressed to the breaking point. It is a productivity issue. Do you think the idiots at Pfizer have a clue about that?

Years ago pharma companies were run by saes who understood the business and customers. Today, marketing and lawyers call the shots to an environment they do not understand.

So true! My manager has never hired anyone, never even interviewed anyone. Preservation mode to the max.