• Mon news: Takeda layoffs. Novo’s semaglutide cardiovascular win. Roche’s Vabysmo in DME. Gilead/Merck HIV combo. Supernus quick-acting depression med. See more on our front page

Do we sell or do we just deliver samples?

We deliver a marketing message (while getting a signature for that 1 box sample) in less than 30 seconds.. "Good morning Doctor, leaving you some Product X today, you know it has the longest/shortest, % +/_, tolerated , covered by, Thanks! and see you at lunch next week."

That covers about 40% of my day at least, the other 40% is just waiting for receptionist to hand over the signature while I hang out in wait room, 20% is just driving past to see if docs car in park lot and putting that down as detail only call.

We deliver a marketing message (while getting a signature for that 1 box sample) in less than 30 seconds.. "Good morning Doctor, leaving you some Product X today, you know it has the longest/shortest, % +/_, tolerated , covered by, Thanks! and see you at lunch next week."

That covers about 40% of my day at least, the other 40% is just waiting for receptionist to hand over the signature while I hang out in wait room, 20% is just driving past to see if docs car in park lot and putting that down as detail only call.

It covers about 90% of my day! You know, how long will it be before AZ realizes what a joke it is to pay us six figures for BS like this? This can't go on much longer. It just can't.

Since AZ has started to use Edge RX we all are in trouble. We dont sell and more than half of us fake calls especially in multi-doc offices. The edge will eventually catch up. It takes six months but when HR calls, Be ready! I am going through hell right now trying to justify my my calls from October 2011. I feel like it is the IRS. I am seeking an attorney. AZ sucks!

Since AZ has started to use Edge RX we all are in trouble. We dont sell and more than half of us fake calls especially in multi-doc offices. The edge will eventually catch up. It takes six months but when HR calls, Be ready! I am going through hell right now trying to justify my my calls from October 2011. I feel like it is the IRS. I am seeking an attorney. AZ sucks!

What is Edge RX???

It is a tracking system that pays docs and their staff to record rep visits. Totally secretive! Most big pharma has started to use this service. It helps identify fraud, off label, and false calls. It takes about 6 months to identify via HR research. I know that a former counterpart was terminated and the Edge Rx was used.

Good luck. When they are asking you to report your call activity calendar for previous months they are beginning the process of managing you out.

For those who do not already do it. Make sure you frequently check your activity weekly and monthly calendar in TSi and don't leave gaps. They will look for first and last calls and any gaps in between. A spreadsheet with those gaps will be shown to you, highlighted with any days in question and you will be asked to explain it.

Nothing to worry about! Most DM's don't have the balls to confront reps that aren't working! I presented my DM with PROOF that my sorry ass counterpart is not working, and she just ignored it! I know another rep that did the same, their DM, a spineless weanie of a man, simply turned a blind eye to it all, and told him he should "work it out" with his partner! Where is the hell does AZ find spineless fools like these to put into a management role??? I'm sick of carrying this lazy POS month after month, and my POS DM ignoring it!! if I go higher up, they will probably come after ME!

It is a tracking system that pays docs and their staff to record rep visits. Totally secretive! Most big pharma has started to use this service. It helps identify fraud, off label, and false calls. It takes about 6 months to identify via HR research. I know that a former counterpart was terminated and the Edge Rx was used.

So you can get in trouble for "faking" a call... Yet you also get in trouble if you don't make reach the minimum number of calls a day! It's such a double-edged sword and it's RIDICULOUS. What's the point of even stopping by offices where we can't see anyone? Why are they on our target lists? Yet if we get rid of all those no-sees, then they'll realize they don't need 3/4 of us.

Its AZ......They put all of their faith in metrics and data. Human instinct means nothing. This is why we are going downhill to a slow death. Enjoy the ride and continue to fake the calls. Just go by the office and sit in the parking lot in case the run a GPS screen as well. The EDGE and GPS are suppose to give HR and Managers the Gotcha factor.

don't presume out of old habit and familiarity that the company defintion of a call is the same as your defintion of a call. remember clinton.. depends what the defintion of "is" is. Same applies here peeps.

if i say the drs name and a marketin message in a a voice louder than what i usually use, i consider that a call, as in a "did you make a call?" yes, you are damned freakign right i made a call. did they hear it? ask me if i care if they heard it. You want a marketing message delivered? well, print it up, and i'll hand it to them,,,the printd word has longer staying power...it HAS to be dealt with: look at it, throw it away...but it is physical, its is there.

you want to label it a sales call? a sales interaction?..then let me freaking SELL. you want it to be a call, then it's a call. the only reason we are in offices is because the OTHER guys have people in the offices with THEIR messages. We are all there to CANCEL each other out, so that the other guy , the other competitor , dosnt get an advantage. We exist only for containment, and to ensure that thd md is asking for OUR samples too. its like tv commercials. brands have to buy ad space on tv because their competitor is....the tv commercil isnt sellign anything. promoting? yes. selling? no. Does the tv commercial care what the viewer does after? nope. the marketing folks buying the tv commercial care, but the tv commercial is just a vehicle to deliver a message. and thats what we are: we are vehicles to deliver messages...only because the other guy is doing it too. its a joke yes. the only time a rep job is meaningful is at launch time. after that, its just a petrie dish to identify the arse kissers for the next generation of "managers".

don't presume out of old habit and familiarity that the company defintion of a call is the same as your defintion of a call. remember clinton.. depends what the defintion of "is" is. Same applies here peeps.

if i say the drs name and a marketin message in a a voice louder than what i usually use, i consider that a call, as in a "did you make a call?" yes, you are damned freakign right i made a call. did they hear it? ask me if i care if they heard it. You want a marketing message delivered? well, print it up, and i'll hand it to them,,,the printd word has longer staying power...it HAS to be dealt with: look at it, throw it away...but it is physical, its is there.

you want to label it a sales call? a sales interaction?..then let me freaking SELL. you want it to be a call, then it's a call. the only reason we are in offices is because the OTHER guys have people in the offices with THEIR messages. We are all there to CANCEL each other out, so that the other guy , the other competitor , dosnt get an advantage. We exist only for containment, and to ensure that thd md is asking for OUR samples too. its like tv commercials. brands have to buy ad space on tv because their competitor is....the tv commercil isnt sellign anything. promoting? yes. selling? no. Does the tv commercial care what the viewer does after? nope. the marketing folks buying the tv commercial care, but the tv commercial is just a vehicle to deliver a message. and thats what we are: we are vehicles to deliver messages...only because the other guy is doing it too. its a joke yes. the only time a rep job is meaningful is at launch time. after that, its just a petrie dish to identify the arse kissers for the next generation of "managers".

It is amazing -- truly -- the lengths the human psyche will go to in order to rationalize. You even reference Clinton's absurd rendition of the truth while making an equally absurd point.

Get a job. In your heart of hearts (God help you if you disagree), you know you don't do shit for the money you take.

Zook doesn't either. Life is not fair. Go forward, leave the lies behind and live the Truth. Or suffer, for money. The choice is yours. The best prescription I've heard is from that guy Campbell who said, "follow your bliss, and don't be afraid."