• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Do companies mess with the RX data?

anonymous

I’m somewhat of a newbie to the industry. My sales were great last year but are completely slumping this year.

I am going through the data and cannot find anywhere in the RXs for why I am down. By hcp or by office. If I’m having a bad year then whatever but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the decline is coming from. Mathematically, it’s says I’m growing but my total territory says I’m down.
The # that is down is what the company uses for the actual sales number.

The company is trying to rationalize it as an error for how the data is showing up but it just feels suspicious.

Do companies manipulate the data? Is it for them to stay in compensation budget? Is the data even accurate from the third parties to begin with?

I’m somewhat of a newbie to the industry. My sales were great last year but are completely slumping this year.

I am going through the data and cannot find anywhere in the RXs for why I am down. By hcp or by office. If I’m having a bad year then whatever but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the decline is coming from. Mathematically, it’s says I’m growing but my total territory says I’m down.

The company is trying to rationalize it as an error for how the data is showing up but it just feels suspicious.

Do companies manipulate the data? Is it for them to stay in compensation budget? Is the data even accurate from the third parties to begin with?

Yes, they mess with data. You are working in one of the most corrupt industries ever created.

Do yourself a favor and get into a better situation. This is not the place to work, if you have integrity or intelligence.

If you don't have integrity, then have at it.

If you are not smart and can't see how terrible these products are (causing more harm than good), then I really don't know what to tell you. You are a lost cause. Bad way to go through life.

There is no such thing as a "slumping" year.

You have probably built great relationships with your customers at this point, but big corporations are always looking for their top performers to do more work, so they do manipulate the data.

If you are a hard worker and a winner, you would leave this industry asap and start your own business.

This industry is for lazy people. Never forget that.