• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Dear Ian: I just gave myself a 40% pay increase!

Pfizer compensates our executives using the following elements: (from the recent April, 2012 shareholder proxy statement)

Annual Long-Term Restricted Stock Units
Incentive representing 25% of total annual grant
Compensation value

100% Equity 5- and 7-Year Total Shareholder
Return Units
each representing 25% of total annual
grant value

Performance Share Awards
representing 25% of total annual grant
value

Salary

Annual Short-Term Incentive

Pension

Supplemental Pension

Savings Plan

Supplemental Savings Plan

yes, ironic isn't it...Ian gets a 40% raise and soon thereafter the severance package is cut and the pension plan is eliminated...guess the board told Ian he could have the raise if he figured out a way to cover it at no cost to the company...

Ian, thought i would say hi while I surf the net. Today is one of the three days during the week that I no longer work. note the time of my post.

Thanks for the 60% raise. FU Ian

Ian, thought i would say hi while I surf the net. Today is one of the three days during the week that I no longer work. note the time of my post.

Thanks for the 60% raise. FU Ian

You people crack me up! You drop off samples and schedule lunches for a living, and you have the balls to criticize someone that worked their way up the chain?