Customer Service Representative?

<

I'm looking at the year long contract CSR gig but also have a permanent management offer in another industry that pays good with company car. Is contract worth the opportunity for "breaking in" to the industry or should I go with the sure thing??

I'm looking at the year long contract CSR gig but also have a permanent management offer in another industry that pays good with company car. Is contract worth the opportunity for "breaking in" to the industry or should I go with the sure thing??
don't take this job. It is only til Dec which will not be renewed. You will get no car or gas card. car allowance & per mile pay does not cover the wear & tear on your car. There are many companies that will hired sales reps with no pharma experience. I would stick to your other job.

Do they ever extend these things like they allude to? Also sounds like you have to re interview for future contracts...I just don't like being out of work for months or longer....

You would only have an opportunity if the actual company you represent decides to make the territory a permanent one and allows you to interview. They always say IF you do a great job and show how much value you bring, you'll have an opportunity. I say BS most of the time. Heck, most of the big companies are slashing their own sales forces and have been for several years. Pfizer, Lilly, GSK, and on and on. Market is flooded now with essentially "permanent" reps who have been forced out and are looking.

Rule #1 in this industry ----NEVER trust. In so many ways, never trust all the sh*t these companies and managers try to tell you. We're all smart people. Don't be stupid and vulnerable.

To the OP.. this is CONTRACT work... it will end. Maybe you'll get rolled onto new contract or Maybe they'll call you back a few months later to interview for new post, Maybe they'll not call back at all.. that's a lot of Maybe