• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Customer facing model

Anonymous

Anyone noticed any changes in day to day sales efforts with the new customer facing model? Lots of business lingo and great sounding terms like innovative strategies and resource sharing to find greater clarity with our customers...but just seems like the same ol shit in front of the docs.

Is there anything different with the "customer facing model"???? I don't get it!!! Haven't we always been a customer facing model? Facing customers every day as the 1st line of defense/offense in selling our products? I think someone just needs job justification by coming up with some new sales model every 2-3 years. Crazy!!!

Is there anything different with the "customer facing model"???? I don't get it!!! Haven't we always been a customer facing model? Facing customers every day as the 1st line of defense/offense in selling our products? I think someone just needs job justification by coming up with some new sales model every 2-3 years. Crazy!!!

It means having at least 8 AZ people in an office with 5-6 selling Crestor..... old school staturation, pissing off customers & wasting money. RW is most likely the idiot that came up with this idea.

It means having at least 8 AZ people in an office with 5-6 selling Crestor..... old school staturation, pissing off customers & wasting money. RW is most likely the idiot that came up with this idea.

Crestor is a multi-billion dollar per year drug. The cost of the reps is inconsequential now. Pissing off the doctors is another matter and probably depends on what part of the country you are discussing.

Crestor is a multi-billion dollar per year drug. The cost of the reps is inconsequential now. Pissing off the doctors is another matter and probably depends on what part of the country you are discussing.

Right. You let me know what part of the country has doctors that need or want to see a different Crestor rep every couple of days. I bet you are some dickweed from marketing that thought of this strategy as being a good one. You do realize that this means maybe one in ten calls is an actually face to face and the rest are just dropping samples or taking to the gatekeeper? And, I don't care what you think you see recorded in TS.

Right. You let me know what part of the country has doctors that need or want to see a different Crestor rep every couple of days. I bet you are some dickweed from marketing that thought of this strategy as being a good one. You do realize that this means maybe one in ten calls is an actually face to face and the rest are just dropping samples or taking to the gatekeeper? And, I don't care what you think you see recorded in TS.

Sorry you were laid off.

Good point but sales of crestor are not off setting the cost of the numbers of reps. Also the number of reps is hurting the launch of brilinta and the lame ass duptoprol. Give ocean duptoprol and take away the aability of hospital to sample crestor. Or get rid of ocean because we have CSA 's.

Good point but sales of crestor are not off setting the cost of the numbers of reps. Also the number of reps is hurting the launch of brilinta and the lame ass duptoprol. Give ocean duptoprol and take away the aability of hospital to sample crestor. Or get rid of ocean because we have CSA 's.

Crestor does about 3 billion US. Cost of the reps covering it, about $200 million max.

So they spend about 6-7% of Crestor sales dollars on the reps. And most of these reps have other products as well and more products on the way.

Number of reps is not the problem. As long as there are doctors, there will be pharma reps.

Crestor does about 3 billion US. Cost of the reps covering it, about $200 million max.

So they spend about 6-7% of Crestor sales dollars on the reps. And most of these reps have other products as well and more products on the way.

Number of reps is not the problem. As long as there are doctors, there will be pharma reps.

Did you see the latest financials? Sales up -yes- but profits way way down. You can't read what mccort says you have to pay attention to the drops in profits company wide.

Great business thinking! A few million or maybe a hundred mil wasted -- who cares! We're raking it in with Crestor now -- it's inconsequential. Look to the bottom line. I say we reinstate the Customer Service Reps and revamp the programs about selling to the dissatisfied customer. WTF? It's only a few mil across the USA, and we've got big cash with Crestor! Wake up people.