• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Culture in the DCS Field

anonymous

We have a culture team, which I appreciate but often times these teams are still afraid to really be honest with leadership about the culture. Why is that? In my opinion, it is because the majority of what drives the culture for us, IS leadership. Sure we get cranky with the ridiculous sample department and their not so thought out planning, missing Field Source orders, Brand teams being out of touch with the current selling environment, money wasted on contests no one understands or care about.

However, the biggest driver in a culture, is the leadership. Leadership from your DBM, RBD, Area, Vince and Doug. Why do we no longer evaluate our DBMs? Do other areas or regions still do that? That hasn't happened in my region in 5+ years. All these surveys by home office that get sent out are so generic there is no way they can identify where some of the problems exist.

Why are they trying to shove this "One Team" bs down our throats? The only people this concept applies to are the RBDs and above. And what about all the silo talk from the past? Yet we have DCS, EDCS, OCS, CVCS, DE, ODE, Diabetes MLs, CV MLs, Obesity MLs. And speaking of the CV team, why do we never hear about their progress, their goals? I never see them included on any leader boards. Why are they completely separate if we are now a cardio-metabolic company??

The next 3-6 months will tell us a lot about the next 2-3 years.

Oh so many questions Novo...

Rant over for now

We have a culture team, which I appreciate but often times these teams are still afraid to really be honest with leadership about the culture. Why is that? In my opinion, it is because the majority of what drives the culture for us, IS leadership. Sure we get cranky with the ridiculous sample department and their not so thought out planning, missing Field Source orders, Brand teams being out of touch with the current selling environment, money wasted on contests no one understands or care about.

However, the biggest driver in a culture, is the leadership. Leadership from your DBM, RBD, Area, Vince and Doug. Why do we no longer evaluate our DBMs? Do other areas or regions still do that? That hasn't happened in my region in 5+ years. All these surveys by home office that get sent out are so generic there is no way they can identify where some of the problems exist.

Why are they trying to shove this "One Team" bs down our throats? The only people this concept applies to are the RBDs and above. And what about all the silo talk from the past? Yet we have DCS, EDCS, OCS, CVCS, DE, ODE, Diabetes MLs, CV MLs, Obesity MLs. And speaking of the CV team, why do we never hear about their progress, their goals? I never see them included on any leader boards. Why are they completely separate if we are now a cardio-metabolic company??

The next 3-6 months will tell us a lot about the next 2-3 years.

Oh so many questions Novo...

Rant over for now
You must be from NYS. Most effed up culture there is.