CTL and the MBA downfall of Merck

anonymous

I had a CTL once tell me that my relationship with the provider was a detriment even though we had great market share. His rational was that if I left it would it would leave the company hanging because they were using our product based on relationships and not the merits of the product. I laughed and told him that's why you hire me. That's sums up the guidance of that role.

Seriously, the greatest downfall of Merck is from the idiotic recruitment of MBA's in marketing. I will grant you than senior leadership is basically about putting dollars in their pocket. Frazier is a moron promoted because he was a Viox legal eagle. Those guys are just terrible and should just do the world a favor and die.

Merck marketing is a unique breed of stupidity. Seriously they somehow escape culpability for all the flaws that have occurred under their prestigious guidance. I particularly remember the Juvasync product launch. Their endless rantings that efficacy needs to be discussed for Januvia. No shit. Maybe had they taken that great MBA education and recognized that upon launch we should have positioned the product properly so there would not be an efficacy perception problem. What about that Zetia combo product failure. The list could go on and on.

These MBA geniuses probably start in excess of 120K. Hope we shed that largess on this layoff.

<

I had a CTL once tell me that my relationship with the provider was a detriment even though we had great market share. His rational was that if I left it would it would leave the company hanging because they were using our product based on relationships and not the merits of the product. I laughed and told him that's why you hire me. That's sums up the guidance of that role.

Seriously, the greatest downfall of Merck is from the idiotic recruitment of MBA's in marketing. I will grant you than senior leadership is basically about putting dollars in their pocket. Frazier is a moron promoted because he was a Viox legal eagle. Those guys are just terrible and should just do the world a favor and die.

Merck marketing is a unique breed of stupidity. Seriously they somehow escape culpability for all the flaws that have occurred under their prestigious guidance. I particularly remember the Juvasync product launch. Their endless rantings that efficacy needs to be discussed for Januvia. No shit. Maybe had they taken that great MBA education and recognized that upon launch we should have positioned the product properly so there would not be an efficacy perception problem. What about that Zetia combo product failure. The list could go on and on.

These MBA geniuses probably start in excess of 120K. Hope we shed that largess on this layoff.

None of it matters when you are playing with the public's money...Most people out there are duped by the drug
companies and their spurious claims...But people will keep taking the pills and potions cuz they want to
(hopefully) keep living...(and drinking the drug company's Kool-Aid!)

All that education gone to waste on these clowns. Any wonder why American business is in the tank.
Merits if the drug.... hahahahaha , that’s how little they know.