• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Cost Cutting...Full Speed Ahead

Anonymous

Latest cost cutting measures are in full effect. Hire a contract sales force; great idea to cover for a few years to grow existing and coming products instead of hiring full time permanent reps. But, to only consider sales reps with B2B experience and exclude existing pharma reps looking for a job? Seriously?
Shortsighted approach by management to look for the cheapest labor and exclude talent that may already be up to speed in the Pharma industry.

We have been on a clear path to cut costs across the board:
Delta Dental - low budget, cut rate plan
Sales Tactical - goodbye to weekly data. The quarter is over in a week and we just got January numbers, but no MIC yet.
Bonus Plan - not paying out until 90% to goal. Used to get something at 70-80% of goal
Speaker Programs - budget cuts
TIP - change to 100% employee performance. I would bet the bank that payouts will be lower rather than higher, unless you are a senior executive

If this is what it takes to keep afloat, so be it, but it's pretty sad that so many decisions are simply based on $$$$$

<

Has anyone noticed, it has been several years since any kind of survey has been offered to the employees of this organization soliciting feedback and getting a pulse.

The leaders do not want to know how we feel, do not care and would not change anything anyways.
I guess I am saying thanks for not putting me through an exercise in futility.

Pathetic tactics. Management will rot in hell for destroying lives. I bet upper management get paid out at hefty rate. Screw the little people who really need it.

You probably supported the Occupy Wallstreet movement huh and are a believer in the 99%. You think business was created so you can have a job? Move to Europe if you want to live off the governments dime. Business exists to create money and when business doesn't perform they cut costs. I'm not surprised they are cutting costs in some areas; our products aren't huge money makers because they stink and are me-too products. If you haven't seen the writing on the wall the last 6 or 7 years in pharma, and you haven't been looking for a job elsewhere the last while, then you are stupid. You could've also studied hard and earned an MBA at a prestigious school, and worked your way up to an executive position somewhere. But you are lazy and like your 10-2 sample drop off business. Don't blame other people you "little person".

You probably supported the Occupy Wallstreet movement huh and are a believer in the 99%. You think business was created so you can have a job? Move to Europe if you want to live off the governments dime. Business exists to create money and when business doesn't perform they cut costs. I'm not surprised they are cutting costs in some areas; our products aren't huge money makers because they stink and are me-too products. If you haven't seen the writing on the wall the last 6 or 7 years in pharma, and you haven't been looking for a job elsewhere the last while, then you are stupid. You could've also studied hard and earned an MBA at a prestigious school, and worked your way up to an executive position somewhere. But you are lazy and like your 10-2 sample drop off business. Don't blame other people you "little person".

This a publicly owned company that receives public tax incentives aka corporate welfare
So STF! As weve seen when the isht really goes down you access the public coffers for bailouts! Most of the hardship has been created by bad planning, shady tactics, and
Poor decision making in the executive suites. You caused this mess, i dont see you taking any
Hits. Tell yourself what a genius you are next time you pay 27 year olds at zs assoc millions to tell you to focus on the top 25 (after they realign the geography for you every year) schmuck
Your too focused on picking peoples pockets maybe if the focus was on people and patients you might actually get somewhere

This a publicly owned company that receives public tax incentives aka corporate welfare
So STF! As weve seen when the isht really goes down you access the public coffers for bailouts! Most of the hardship has been created by bad planning, shady tactics, and
Poor decision making in the executive suites. You caused this mess, i dont see you taking any
Hits. Tell yourself what a genius you are next time you pay 27 year olds at zs assoc millions to tell you to focus on the top 25 (after they realign the geography for you every year) schmuck
Your too focused on picking peoples pockets maybe if the focus was on people and patients you might actually get somewhere

First of all I'm a rep. Second of all, if you haven't been trying to get out of pharma for the last 3 years you are retarded. Go get a job in a more stable industry. Or go back to school. Just quit whining you baby

Latest cost cutting measures are in full effect. Hire a contract sales force; great idea to cover for a few years to grow existing and coming products instead of hiring full time permanent reps. But, to only consider sales reps with B2B experience and exclude existing pharma reps looking for a job? Seriously?
Shortsighted approach by management to look for the cheapest labor and exclude talent that may already be up to speed in the Pharma industry.

We have been on a clear path to cut costs across the board:
Delta Dental - low budget, cut rate plan
Sales Tactical - goodbye to weekly data. The quarter is over in a week and we just got January numbers, but no MIC yet.
Bonus Plan - not paying out until 90% to goal. Used to get something at 70-80% of goal
Speaker Programs - budget cuts
TIP - change to 100% employee performance. I would bet the bank that payouts will be lower rather than higher, unless you are a senior executive

If this is what it takes to keep afloat, so be it, but it's pretty sad that so many decisions are simply based on $$$$$

If they really want to hire good reps, they should only EXCLUDE those pharma reps that have Takeda experience

TPUSA is not publicly traded, it's incorporated. Therefore it's not publicly owned. It's a subsidiary of Takeda. You're confused.

This is the Takeda board not the TP USA board

That's right... TPUSA Chicago is barely more than 2700 employees out of 30,000 employees total so it represents less than 9 percent of Takeda worldwide. This board is about the rest of Takeda which is 91% not related to TPUSA !!!!

Besides, TPUSA is just leftover TAP Pharma employees waiting for a better job elsewhere.

That's right... TPUSA Chicago is barely more than 2700 employees out of 30,000 employees total so it represents less than 9 percent of Takeda worldwide. This board is about the rest of Takeda which is 91% not related to TPUSA !!!!

Besides, TPUSA is just leftover TAP Pharma employees waiting for a better job elsewhere.

All the good Takeda legacy are at Novo

Its leftover TAP employees and self righteous losers like you who come here to read them

Has anyone noticed, it has been several years since any kind of survey has been offered to the employees of this organization soliciting feedback and getting a pulse.

The leaders do not want to know how we feel, do not care and would not change anything anyways.
I guess I am saying thanks for not putting me through an exercise in futility.

They never cared even when we filled out surveys before! The only thing that will change is your employment status!