• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Contract Employee

<

I was recently hired for a 13 month contract. What are the chances that the contract will go longer than that or that I get hired?

Depends, but if it goes longer you won't get a raise. Your duties may increase, too. Sometimes they renew over and over and over but no raise. Saves them lots of money. I recommend you keep looking.

Very very rarely does this company hire contact employees for a permanent gig, sorry but true

Yup. They will work you like a dog, treat you like a dog, while pretending they may keep you on. Now how long do you want to stay at a place that doesn't give increases to contractors as they renew and renew and renew your contract which started at a rate below market. Yup, the lifers will pretend to love you hoping you will do all their work (slipping you all the difficult crap unbeknownst to clueless management) but will never have time to train you on the necessary administrative minutia necessary for survival in this factory. In my opinion it is a hell hole, no, I stand corrected, it is a black hole for contractors. I would get out before I get in.