Considering Trauma ASR

anonymous

Hi all,

thanks in advance for advice here.. I currently work in the benefits space and while my work life balance is very healthy, I’m not feeling challenged enough. There’s an ASR role in Trauma open and I’ve been chosen to interview.. since then I’ve read some horror stories. 24/7 on call, working 5 to 7, low pay. I’m already paid over 60 where I’m at so I’m wondering should I just pass this up all together?

<

Hi all,

thanks in advance for advice here.. I currently work in the benefits space and while my work life balance is very healthy, I’m not feeling challenged enough. There’s an ASR role in Trauma open and I’ve been chosen to interview.. since then I’ve read some horror stories. 24/7 on call, working 5 to 7, low pay. I’m already paid over 60 where I’m at so I’m wondering should I just pass this up all together?

You sound like a little bitch and aren’t Stryker material.

Hi all,

Hey Sweetheart,
Go for it. You'll work 9-5 Monday-Thursday, 1/2 day Fridays, Weekends off, earn $100k+bonus. It's the easiest money and gig ever.

Obviously I got my pronoun correct there cupcake. Entitled generation

I don’t know how wanting to have a life with the ones I love makes me entitled but okay. You’re the one replying on a message board calling women “little bitch”. Poor guy. Wish you had a better relationship with your mom.

enjoy the weekend :)

I don’t know how wanting to have a life with the ones I love makes me entitled but okay. You’re the one replying on a message board calling women “little bitch”. Poor guy. Wish you had a better relationship with your mom.

enjoy the weekend :)

I didn’t call women little bitches, just you...the entitled twat who comes to CP for career advice. The majority of people in med device worked their ass of to get to where we are today. You clearly don’t want to pay your dues and nobody is just going to give it to you until you prove yourself worthy. But if your happy making $60k a year, I’ll take fries with that. Oh and btw, I have a great relationship with my mom...she’s really enjoying the beach house I bought for her with last quarters bonus check. Stay unique snowflake.

I didn’t call women little bitches, just you...the entitled twat who comes to CP for career advice. The majority of people in med device worked their ass of to get to where we are today. You clearly don’t want to pay your dues and nobody is just going to give it to you until you prove yourself worthy. But if your happy making $60k a year, I’ll take fries with that. Oh and btw, I have a great relationship with my mom...she’s really enjoying the beach house I bought for her with last quarters bonus check. Stay unique snowflake.

don’t listen to this asshole. He is just butthurt he couldn’t cut it in a real device job, so instead he comes on CP boards to thump his chest about what a monkey box opener he is. Probably doesn’t even clear 150k, but will tell you 300+ on a bad year.

Stryker ASR, especially trauma, is pretty grueling. Expect the rep you work under to make you run every tray across their territory and cover every night and weekend case. 60-70k sounds about right depending on city and experience. Also, after 2 years you will be expected to take some shit territory across the country that has been failing for years. It is a decent company to learn med device though and looks good on a resume. Plenty of folks take the asr job and run after 2 years. The reps in general are dipshit jocks that chug protein shakes and forget to do leg days, but think they are gods. The rest of us making real coin just laugh when they show up to Starbucks or an airport in their scrubs. Just know this is the culture in trauma.

WOW... You bought your mom a house. You are so cool. I want to be like you when I grow up. Why are you so angry...miss your leg day and HGH? You are a total d-bag.

don’t listen to this asshole. He is just butthurt he couldn’t cut it in a real device job, so instead he comes on CP boards to thump his chest about what a monkey box opener he is. Probably doesn’t even clear 150k, but will tell you 300+ on a bad year.

Stryker ASR, especially trauma, is pretty grueling. Expect the rep you work under to make you run every tray across their territory and cover every night and weekend case. 60-70k sounds about right depending on city and experience. Also, after 2 years you will be expected to take some shit territory across the country that has been failing for years. It is a decent company to learn med device though and looks good on a resume. Plenty of folks take the asr job and run after 2 years. The reps in general are dipshit jocks that chug protein shakes and forget to do leg days, but think they are gods. The rest of us making real coin just laugh when they show up to Starbucks or an airport in their scrubs. Just know this is the culture in trauma.

We make it rain beotch, cuz WE WILL DOMINATE!!

It depends on many factors to be honest- number one being the reps you work under. Also your situation is important in evaluating. If you have kids or a family to tend to- forget about it. This is a role for a young person looking to crack into Stryker or device. Trauma will look good on your resume.

One of the most difficult aspects of this job will be the uncertainty of it. Some days will be very light but you still have to be ready to run a tray or go cover a case. I doubt you will be working 14 hours every day as an ASR but you could some days. Overall you will be working when the rep doesn't want to be- nights and weekends. But there is not a ton of overnight emergency trauma ortho cases. They are more typically add ons after the surgical schedule is clear and after office hours for the surgeon. Probably starting surgeries between 5-8pm and early weekend mornings. It will be tough to plan social events and travel though. Most likely you will need someone to cover for you- which impacts your social life and relationships.

They will certainly be some exciting aspects of the role and you will see some crazy stuff. But you will also be waiting around a lot and driving/ delivering a lot of equipment. But typically if you do well as an ASR for 2 years- you can find and will be helped in landing a good sales role. Ignore some of the other bullshit posted here. But most importantly spend time with the reps and manager before you take this job.

Good luck.