CNS going after Dementia with Seroquel XR

Anonymous

Yes. We have been instructed to get Medicare Part D scripts at all costs. Infact, it is a big part of our incentive compensation to get Silver Scripts with Seroquel XR. Management knows that older folks have lots of off label and the market is big. My manager says just do it or we all will pay the price. AZ will never learn.

Yes. We have been instructed to get Medicare Part D scripts at all costs. Infact, it is a big part of our incentive compensation to get Silver Scripts with Seroquel XR. Management knows that older folks have lots of off label and the market is big. My manager says just do it or we all will pay the price. AZ will never learn.

In the midst of all the ongoing lawsuits wouldn't you think so?

Hasn't this drug and drug class already been shown to fail in the elderly? If that is true then this push is highly unethical.

Failed in the elderly? Did you ever train or even work here? The drug works within indication. For elderly with dementia there is an increase risk in mortality with the atypical class including Seroquel. Off label use has been common and is a concern.

If there is a push for elderly simply to grow market share for the wrong reasons then yeah, that would be completely unethical.

Failed in the elderly? Did you ever train or even work here? The drug works within indication. For elderly with dementia there is an increase risk in mortality with the atypical class including Seroquel. Off label use has been common and is a concern.

If there is a push for elderly simply to grow market share for the wrong reasons then yeah, that would be completely unethical.

No this drug and drug class does completely fail to give the desired effect in the elderly and also has an extremely high adverse event rate in that same population. It has already been tried and it has failed. Don't you think they would have done this much earlier if it actually had any real or construed benefit. I know this because I don't just believe their "training", I investigate such things myself from multiple sources. To believe otherwise is really drinking the kool ade.

The profits from Seroquel will no longer cover the several hundred million dollar fine that these off label promotion activities will engender, unlike when it was done several years ago. It was looked at as just a cost of doing business back then. Of course in the long term, all of you people will be fired by next year, so in the short term it may enable you to make your bonus numbers this year. I guess that's why they call it the ethical pharmaceutical business.

Hey genius, is verbage anything like verbiage?

verbage
/ver'b*j/ n. A deliberate misspelling and mispronunciation of verbiage that assimilates it to the word `garbage'. Compare content-free. More pejorative than `verbiage'.

Hey poindexter, ever heard of sarcasm?

Put on your suit and fetch me a sandwich.