• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Clinical Science Consultants

<

Run - don't walk. Huge turnover. You are a sales rep no joke. Whole division is a true cluster. It all starts from poor leadership. Go be a rep for a nicer pharm company. If you are in a territory with good counterparts they will get you to pres club. Was a CSC for 3 years and jumped ship as one year reps getting senior because leadership stinks. The madness will continue. Again run run run.

Run - don't walk. Huge turnover. You are a sales rep no joke. Whole division is a true cluster. It all starts from poor leadership. Go be a rep for a nicer pharm company. If you are in a territory with good counterparts they will get you to pres club. Was a CSC for 3 years and jumped ship as one year reps getting senior because leadership stinks. The madness will continue. Again run run run.

I wouldn't base my opinion on this person's sour grapes. I have been a CSC for quite a while. The job has its highs and lows like anything else. If you are a healthcare provider and need a change of pace, you may actually enjoy this. The one part of this persons response that is accurate is that you are part of a sales division. Many providers look down their noses at pharma sales. However, if you can shake that off every day this may be a good gig for you. It pays ok...and the work/life balance is phenomenal. No one is going to sue you for malpractice, and once in a while you do find a willing audiance and can actually make a difference.

The traditional sales model is changing. I don't think it is going to die completely but so far this had been a good ride for me and several others that I know. I also have seen several people leave the division, but turn-over is always higher for people with advanced degrees and professional backgrounds. I certainly wouldn't blame our leadership because I find it to be rock solid. They have provided us with excellent support and training.

Just ask yourself "Does pharma need a clinical rep to talk to Doctors?" That should make you realize not to apply.

Does pharma need a sales rep to talk to Doctors? - I mean really - considering access and the reputation of most sales people. Its not about need, its about meeting needs, which can be a great strategy to sell more product - the right way.

Looks like someone drank the Kool-aid above. What does some time mean? Just wait as you too will become frustrated and leave. The first year CSC (ie sales rep) had amazing resources - now you have the same stuff the reps have. Out of the original 35 CSCs I bet there is not one left. Many of the 'CFT's left the building too. Great starting job in Pharma I would agree but there is so much better out there. Even AD turnover is huge. Everyone jockeys for a position At BI. Who can one up someone else until you figure it out that it doesn't matter. President club CSCs who don't work and are only there from the primary care reps selling it for you. Only a matter of time people.