Changing contracts?

anonymous

If the current contract you are in is daily misery and it’s arguably the worst contract within syneos, do you have a way out other than outright quitting?
If one contract pays low base, yet a new , different contract pays much more, are there any loopholes?
Or, are you simply stuck?

<

If the current contract you are in is daily misery and it’s arguably the worst contract within syneos, do you have a way out other than outright quitting?
If one contract pays low base, yet a new , different contract pays much more, are there any loopholes?
Or, are you simply stuck?

Unfortunately, stuck. I was referred by a DM for another contract role, and when the recruiter realized I was already on another Syneos contract, I was told you cannot switch. Have to wait until it ends. Sucks. Big time.

No, you need to first talk to the Syneos recruiter for that role. I believe if it is a step up in position like going from a primary care to a specialty role then you can interview. But you still need to interview, etc. I would talk to the recruiter who placed you in your current role.

I've been with Syneos when it was called Ventiv (90's) and YOU CANNOT switch contracts while the contract is still valid. Syneos has a written policy that they...being Syneos, cannot recruit from other contracts. You may however interview if you are going to a higher position such a manager/trainer etc. The recruiter will not entertain any interview if you are currently in a working contract.

I've been with Syneos when it was called Ventiv (90's) and YOU CANNOT switch contracts while the contract is still valid. Syneos has a written policy that they...being Syneos, cannot recruit from other contracts. You may however interview if you are going to a higher position such a manager/trainer etc. The recruiter will not entertain any interview if you are currently in a working contract.
This is simply NOT true! What happened in the 90’s (30 years ago) is different now. You can change contracts. You have to get your manager’s ok and meet the requirements for background knowledge etc.

This is simply NOT true! What happened in the 90’s (30 years ago) is different now. You can change contracts. You have to get your manager’s ok and meet the requirements for background knowledge etc.

Yea that's not true... you can't switch contracts for a lateral move. Ie if you're a PC rep you can't switch contracts for another PC role.

Yea that's not true... you can't switch contracts for a lateral move. Ie if you're a PC rep you can't switch contracts for another PC role.
This. If you are going from a PC to a specialty role and your manager as well as HR gives their permission then you can apply and if chosen interview.
But you may not get the job!
So it is true that you cannot just jump from one contract to another. There has to be a valid reason and then you still have to interview and this be is assuming it’s a step up in terms of job type.

This. If you are going from a PC to a specialty role and your manager as well as HR gives their permission then you can apply and if chosen interview.
But you may not get the job!
So it is true that you cannot just jump from one contract to another. There has to be a valid reason and then you still have to interview and this be is assuming it’s a step up in terms of job type.
This was true for me however, I did get the job.