cell phone deposit

Anonymous

The company requires us to get a cell phone and most cell phone companies require a contract. If broken, the cell phone company charges a fee. If I lose my job, I think AZ should pay the fee. My current carrier charges $300 to break the contract. Without a job I would NOT stay with my current carrier/plan...I would go with a less expense plan...I think this is a fair "ask" of the company. What do you think?

<

The company requires us to get a cell phone and most cell phone companies require a contract. If broken, the cell phone company charges a fee. If I lose my job, I think AZ should pay the fee. My current carrier charges $300 to break the contract. Without a job I would NOT stay with my current carrier/plan...I would go with a less expense plan...I think this is a fair "ask" of the company. What do you think?

I think you are the typical, whiny, entitlement thinking, big pharma dimwit. What a joke this industry has become.

If you can think outside the box for a second: explain this to the cell phone company and I'm sure they will offer you a better deal, they don't want to lose your service.

It is a legitimate point and the arrogance of the rich pharma representatives out there will be brought to Earth once those same people lose their jobs and begin having to budget their money like most people.

Bring it up at the table when you're getting the axe, not before. Surely AZ will cover the fees but they'll probably require that you terminate the contract if they are asked to do this, submit an expense with proof that the cellular contract was terminated.

This is a legitimate point especially if you have one for only business-related purposes which AZ pays for the fee and you never make personal calls on it except for 911 work-related calls.
BTW, what phone do you use for personal calls when working or not working?

Those are good points and it is only fair that AZ should reimburse you if you are layed off. Here are the hard facts, it is not going to happen. It is not fair and it is not right but if you expect life to be fair your anger will become bitterness and you will suffer. Hopefully you won't get hit but if you do don't burn a bridge and pick up your pride and move forward to another job.