Card Collecting Doctor

anonymous

I had a tough to see MD down the street from an older MD who was easy to access and always wanted a business card. He was older and I figured it was some old school way of keeping track of how often we saw him. So the older one retired and the tough to see moved into his physical office. Now all of a sudden, they always give me access, the doctor is engaging and he always asks me for a card. In fact, the staff usually confirms I have a card with me before I see the MD. Do doctors use cards to somehow record rep visits and sell that information to someone? I’m not paranoid about it because I’m making the calls I record but this change in behavior is interesting...

I had a tough to see MD down the street from an older MD who was easy to access and always wanted a business card. He was older and I figured it was some old school way of keeping track of how often we saw him. So the older one retired and the tough to see moved into his physical office. Now all of a sudden, they always give me access, the doctor is engaging and he always asks me for a card. In fact, the staff usually confirms I have a card with me before I see the MD. Do doctors use cards to somehow record rep visits and sell that information to someone? I’m not paranoid about it because I’m making the calls I record but this change in behavior is interesting...

Yes, they are being compensated for their time with you by a data collection company who uses it for marketing research and then selling it to Pharma companies. Been common practice for years but imagine how much fraud their is in this unreliable data?

Yes, they are being compensated for their time with you by a data collection company who uses it for marketing research and then selling it to Pharma companies. Been common practice for years but imagine how much fraud their is in this unreliable data?

True, the only reason a Dr. would go to that much trouble is if money is on the table. I am surprised that more don't do this.

Most Drs don't want to be on the sunshine reporting lists. A lot won't even take a ham sandwich...that's taking straight money from a drug company...so I'm not surprised at all!!