Capital vs disposable?

Anonymous

Time for a move and I want to look at capital sales but have never done it. I am Curious to see what some tenured reps think about selling capital vs disposables in today's market?

<

I am sure everyone is going to reply to this and say capital sucks and hospitals have no money. Bottom line is that hospitals still have money, reps just have to be willing to put the time in to get to the top of the equipment list. All I know is that the money is just as good ( can be much better) as OR sales and if I have it my way I will never go back to covering cases in the OR. Just my two cents, good luck.

The key to selling capital is working for a company that values its people and gives a decent salary so you dont fucking starve. All this horseshit about selling beds for stryker for a draw for a few months is a joke and a surefire way to be piss broke and fired in 8 months.

The guy above is right hospitals still have money and they need capital however the surgeons who used to be our champions and could demand the capital are no longer involved in the process. With all the VAC's today and IDN's and corporate decisions it takes a long time to get a win. Without a salary its very difficult to survive while you are closing your first deal. I dont care if stryker paid 30% on beds I rather mop a bathhouse floor than work for them. Zero commitment to the reps.