Business Manager, Coach, Assistant Director

anonymous

Whatever these mindless self serving idiots want to be called. Why do we have them?

Middle management (coach—wtf) is a drain on resources and huge reason big pharma companies remain stagnant or in their strategic plans. Senior management has too much visibility for investors, auditors, analysts,press etc. These Directors and Assistant Directors (vomit in my mouth at the term) are a useless layer of corporate bureaucrats whose only goal is to justify their existence in a company by constantly spinning wheels blowing up smoke and essentially pretending to be involved in perpetual process improvement which drains company resources, obliterates morale and cost a small fortune.

Middle manager concepts are relics of 18/19 C. industrialization age when most workers were illiterate or semi-literate and you needed some clerk with a modicoum of intelligence to tell all these workers what to do every day. You needed these middle layers to supervise, to direct and to teach basic work skills.

Today these positions in large part are completely useless. Merck employees today are college educated , savvy, have greater than 15 years experience on average and are over 40. They do not need constant supervision to produce results. To boot most representatives are better educated than their so called managers and often possess much better technical sales skills (as evidenced by the coaches lack of production on their sales efforts).

Most of these parasetic managers are in perpetual fear of being irrelevant and thus they are the ones who create the most dysfunction and bureaucratic idiocy that corporate world is famous for.

My conclusion is my coach (puke again) is simply useless, they are often detrimental to our organization. The position can easily be eliminated and save Merck and stockholders millions.

<

Managers do the dirty work. They target the ones to be weeded out. When corporate has to cut heads, they tell the mgrs to do it. Good people have been/will be let go and it’s not always due to job performance; consider what you cost them to employ you. I agree with you, they are not needed. Their noses are brown and skill level is down.

Whatever these mindless self serving idiots want to be called. Why do we have them?

Middle management (coach—wtf) is a drain on resources and huge reason big pharma companies remain stagnant or in their strategic plans. Senior management has too much visibility for investors, auditors, analysts,press etc. These Directors and Assistant Directors (vomit in my mouth at the term) are a useless layer of corporate bureaucrats whose only goal is to justify their existence in a company by constantly spinning wheels blowing up smoke and essentially pretending to be involved in perpetual process improvement which drains company resources, obliterates morale and cost a small fortune.

Middle manager concepts are relics of 18/19 C. industrialization age when most workers were illiterate or semi-literate and you needed some clerk with a modicoum of intelligence to tell all these workers what to do every day. You needed these middle layers to supervise, to direct and to teach basic work skills.

Today these positions in large part are completely useless. Merck employees today are college educated , savvy, have greater than 15 years experience on average and are over 40. They do not need constant supervision to produce results. To boot most representatives are better educated than their so called managers and often possess much better technical sales skills (as evidenced by the coaches lack of production on their sales efforts).

Most of these parasetic managers are in perpetual fear of being irrelevant and thus they are the ones who create the most dysfunction and bureaucratic idiocy that corporate world is famous for.

My conclusion is my coach (puke again) is simply useless, they are often detrimental to our organization. The position can easily be eliminated and save Merck and stockholders millions.

Just more headshaking idiocy (and toxicity) from the brilliant management minds at Merck...

If they didn't have a license to steal, they would be out of business in a quarter...

They pay well, but you will have your soul sucked out of you, and feel like you need to bath in
Acid Rain...

Just more headshaking idiocy (and toxicity) from the brilliant management minds at Merck...

If they didn't have a license to steal, they would be out of business in a quarter...

They pay well, but you will have your soul sucked out of you, and feel like you need to bath in
Acid Rain...
Truly have to sell their souls. Pitiful.