• Thurs news: Novo Nordisk’s port strike distribution plan. Arcus/AZ renal cancer trial. Lilly weight loss drugs no longer in shortage. Difficulties of a CVS breakup. Google and Biontech AI lab assistants. See more on our front page

Botox Therapeutic mass exodus

<

Umm I do and I'm correct that you'll have nowhere to go. Good luck Einstein

I sold Botox for 13 years. I left several months ago and received a 50% pay raise and a sign on bonus. AbbVie doesn’t much respect the Botox therapeutic team nor do they have a clue how to operate in a Buy & Bill environment. You certainly can’t suggest or offer them any insight on how this Service Line works. AbbVie executives already KNOW everything, don’t you know? Humeria’s success created an arrogant bunch who think they can do no wrong. Their sales forecasting is horrible, reps have taken paycuts to their bonus structure, and the intense Challenger selling model focus for these types of customer relationships, that have been in place long before AbbVie, is not at all productive and makes everyone, including managers, feel like kindergartners. It was a great drug to be involved in. Those days are over. People are leaving and companies are hiring! Looks like they just aren’t interested in hiring you.

What has changed that is driving reps away?

1. pay sucks - many companies are paying tenured reps a lot more

2. Culture sucks - it’s all about marketing - they don’t value reps. They just want reps to parrot their messages. And do a ton of speaker programs so the speakers make $$$

3. challenger

4. Reps who have years of experience getting passed over for legacy AbbVie people who don’t know crap about Botox

5. Don't manage your accounts. Just see.

The list goes on.

After 3 years with BTX, AbbVie still doesn't understand the business. The entire marketing team except for 1 with substance and 1 other dumbass who is no longer technically a marketer has turned over, replaced by people from Chicago who try to apply primary care marketing to a 30+ year old product. Millions of marketing $$ wasted by fruitless campaign development (good job, EN) and creation of AbbVie-mandated assets, like ISAs and Challenger, which do nothing to help reps actually sell. It's a shit show through-and-through. Legacy Allergan folks are incredibly frustrated and are doing everything they can to keep hold of what made AGN successful.

I keep seeing this opinion that legacy allergan was running such a strong business that Abbvie then ruined. Are you able to look outside your territory business at all?

When Abbvie acquired allergan, they cut a deal for 1/3 of what Pfizer was trying to pay previously. The reason why the cost was lower was because Allergan stock was shitting the bed from its 2015 peak. Business was NOT good. Apparently abbvie was the only suitor as well because nobody wanted to buy that garbage. Abbvie stock tanked on the transaction. Why are you under the impression allergan was performing so well!?

I keep seeing this opinion that legacy allergan was running such a strong business that Abbvie then ruined. Are you able to look outside your territory business at all?

When Abbvie acquired allergan, they cut a deal for 1/3 of what Pfizer was trying to pay previously. The reason why the cost was lower was because Allergan stock was shitting the bed from its 2015 peak. Business was NOT good. Apparently abbvie was the only suitor as well because nobody wanted to buy that garbage. Abbvie stock tanked on the transaction. Why are you under the impression allergan was performing so well!?

Parts of AGN weren't doing well, sure. But this a thread on Botox Therapeutic, which was doing well. Still is, for the most part, but have seen some dips that are directly related to AbbVie intrusion.

Sure - Botox only then. Once again - look at the big picture. These numbers are publicly reported. 2020 is the only year since the acquisition closed (closed in 2020) that there wasn’t reported revenue growth for both cosmetic and therapeutic. I’m sure the other things going on in the world at that time had something to do with that as well….

But I’m not here to argue that the company culture is better or your job is better since. These are very real and valid complaints as a former rep. I just keep seeing this claim that the business got worse with Abbvie while the numbers tell a different story.

1. AbbVie acquisition was good for the sale of Botox.

2. AGN built this market and has deep expertise.

3. AbbVie values the view of Chicago management and expertise much more than anyone from agn.

4. Your career is limited as a legacy Agn person.

all true. Agn people need to accept or move on. AbbVie is a good company for a certain type of soulless person. Otherwise go out and find a new job.

If the bonus money doesn't follow a rep that quits, I imagine the next round of resignations hits when they pay out the last quarter (early December). Wonder if that's when I can expect next round of changes on top of whatever realignment I'm certain is coming for 2024

If the bonus money doesn't follow a rep that quits, I imagine the next round of resignations hits when they pay out the last quarter (early December). Wonder if that's when I can expect next round of changes on top of whatever realignment I'm certain is coming for 2024

Anyone know the last date of employment that will still qualify us for the bonus?

What is up with that idiot Tia M? Idiot snake with an identity crisis. That ridiculous blonde hair and eyelid tape will not hide the fact that you are SOUTHEAST ASIAN. AbbVie must be desperate keeping this thing employed. Trans right? She/he is a moron and an embarrassment. Zero Value

Abbvie is a sinking ship . Humira loses most of its market share, reps asked to challenge docs to sell, MSL’s asked to be commercial, MSL Directors are crappy at best with titles like Chiropractor and such. This is the worst it’s ever been and I have been out for a couple of years. If you want to live, leave Abbvie.