Bored...what's next?

anonymous

Still fairly new to medical device sales- about a year and a half since I started, and I have closed a good amount of business but am getting worn out and bored from all the constant product trials and long hours. I don't mind it if I'm being paid big but right now I'm projected to just get 100K this year (keep in mind, I'm still in my second year) and just feel like working 70-80 hrs per week should be worth more than this.

Any suggestions of where to look to either make the big $$$ or to make slightly better money with a better work/life balance? I heard medical software is paying out and dental sales offers decent balance- what are your thoughts?

<

Software for sure. But good luck getting in. What did you do before device sales? You may have to lean on that experience more than device to break into software. Specifically you probably want to try to stay in the healthcare sector when looking at software- serious money there- but very difficult to get in without experience. I have friends doing it and just waiting for my opportunity.

Still fairly new to medical device sales- about a year and a half since I started, and I have closed a good amount of business but am getting worn out and bored from all the constant product trials and long hours. I don't mind it if I'm being paid big but right now I'm projected to just get 100K this year (keep in mind, I'm still in my second year) and just feel like working 70-80 hrs per week should be worth more than this.

Any suggestions of where to look to either make the big $$$ or to make slightly better money with a better work/life balance? I heard medical software is paying out and dental sales offers decent balance- what are your thoughts?

Software for sure. But good luck getting in. What did you do before device sales? You may have to lean on that experience more than device to break into software. Specifically you probably want to try to stay in the healthcare sector when looking at software- serious money there- but very difficult to get in without experience. I have friends doing it and just waiting for my opportunity.

Pre - med device sales I was in freight forwarding sales (We did sell some supply chain software solutions but that was about 15% of it) and pr I or to that I was a manufacturers rep in retail. I was thinking healthcare software sales but I don't know the best way to get in. Alternatively go for life balance and do dental implants. My issue now is I have no PTO (5 days per year which includes sick days) although I'm sure this is the exception not the norm.