Biomet CMF or Stryker CMF

<

if you are going CMF I would only choose Stryker or Synthes. Biometric and KLS are great competitors but they are to small. Stryker and Synthes have the reach in the OR in trauma and recon and sports medicine and spine. Often CMF rides the coat tales on contracts won by the larger trauma divisions of both companies.

Of the small group of CMF guys in my state I haven't heard of Zonner competing for any buisness outside their rib system which Synthes is better at anyway. Stryker culture is awesome if you lift, date sweet chicks and bro down at all occasions.

Currently interviewing with both companies. Any information would be helpful.

Everyone has been leaving Stryker and Synthes for Biomet over the past few years. Just hired one of the top Stryker CMF reps in the country from Boston. Prior to that we hired a top director and now a few guys up in New York. Everyday more market share is taken.

Biomet is the place to be.

haha, this is pretty humorous! The Boston rep was fired from Stryker for violating corporate expenses. Not exactly "top 10" material. The guy that hired him over to biomet was also a former Stryker CMF manager who was ALSO FIRED for getting drunk and slapping another CMF manager.

Seems biomet is the place to be for guys who fucked up at Stryker and caused their own demise. Synthes is falling apart at the seams, and KLS is just small potatoes in the larger healthcare landscape. By all means, take the biomet job. Just be aware of the type of people you will be surrounding yourself with.

Previous poster full of hot air. Boston Rep left for biomet and the manager he was referring was a top director for many years and he left for smith and nephew until non-compete was up and then went to biomet. Fact is the biomet rib and sternal plating business is light years ahead of all competitors and this is where the growth and opportunity is... A small Rib / Sternal account bills our the same or more then a top cmf plating account at Stryker. Average sales per case at roughly 10x what a cmf facial plating case would be at Stryker. Its simple math really. Both Biomet and KLS are eating Strykers lunch daily. Previous poster is living in a fairy tale.

Lift on Bro!

Previous poster full of hot air. Boston Rep left for biomet and the manager he was referring was a top director for many years and he left for smith and nephew until non-compete was up and then went to biomet. Fact is the biomet rib and sternal plating business is light years ahead of all competitors and this is where the growth and opportunity is... A small Rib / Sternal account bills our the same or more then a top cmf plating account at Stryker. Average sales per case at roughly 10x what a cmf facial plating case would be at Stryker. Its simple math really. Both Biomet and KLS are eating Strykers lunch daily. Previous poster is living in a fairy tale.

Lift on Bro!

This guy clearly drinks the biomet pee per water. My area hasn't seen a KLS or Biomet guy ever. I'm in a state Capitol and all I see is Synthes. If you are not at Stryker or Synthes then forget it. It's up for grabs now but that's shrinking. It's going to be the final 2 big boys left standing in CMF and that's it. I will vouch for the rib system however. Last year I saw a billing sheet for my Synthes counterpart. He/she did 63k in rib in one month at one facility. That's not bad. And Synthes rib is the gold standard right now.

Lift on Bro!

Hah, you're even dumber than I thought, which I guess falls in line with the idiots that biomet hires. Go ahead, believe your own bullshit- but those two guys did not choose to go to biomet. They were fired from Stryker and ended up there because it's the only company desperate enough to hire complete fuck ups. You should probably ask them about it! And congrats on rib and sternal- we don't have those lines so comparing us to biomet on that merit is like comparing apples to sheep. We continue to focus on CMF core products and as a result continue to convert big CMF shops. More CMF shops means more money for the division. It's simple math really! Biomet and KLS can continue eating the table scraps. Continue living in your fairy tale, I'm busy taking what's left of your CMF business.

Hah, you're even dumber than I thought, which I guess falls in line with the idiots that biomet hires. Go ahead, believe your own bullshit- but those two guys did not choose to go to biomet. They were fired from Stryker and ended up there because it's the only company desperate enough to hire complete fuck ups. You should probably ask them about it! And congrats on rib and sternal- we don't have those lines so comparing us to biomet on that merit is like comparing apples to sheep. We continue to focus on CMF core products and as a result continue to convert big CMF shops. More CMF shops means more money for the division. It's simple math really! Biomet and KLS can continue eating the table scraps. Continue living in your fairy tale, I'm busy taking what's left of your CMF business.

You dont know what you are talking about. Stop it right now or I am going to call someone and do something about it. Wait and see.

Of. Course you don't have those lines, these are growth markets where you can charge premium pricing. Same old Stryker mentality focusing on declining markets consumed with eroding prices. Oh wait you have HydroPoop and that awful Dural product. What's your commission rate? Oh yeah, that's declining too!

Neither of the 2 mention were fired and both left on great terms after years of service.

How many times you hit the gym this past week?
Lift on Bro!

Stop trolling and slither back home. Anyone that has been in CMF for any reasonable amount of time knows the real stories about both these guys. Why are you trying so hard to say otherwise??

Yea.... Everyone who leaves Stryker got fired! Ha! What a joke you Stryker jocks are..... Let's go lift at the gym bro and afterwards we can hit GNC and Vitamin World.

Can you spot me on squats? Tools......

Yea.... Everyone who leaves Stryker got fired! Ha! What a joke you Stryker jocks are..... Let's go lift at the gym bro and afterwards we can hit GNC and Vitamin World.

Can you spot me on squats? Tools......

Get new material please. These jock jokes are so tired now. They are typically used as a retort once said troll realizes they have lost the argument in spectacular fashion.

haha, this is pretty humorous! The Boston rep was fired from Stryker for violating corporate expenses. Not exactly "top 10" material. The guy that hired him over to biomet was also a former Stryker CMF manager who was ALSO FIRED for getting drunk and slapping another CMF manager.

Seems biomet is the place to be for guys who fucked up at Stryker and caused their own demise. Synthes is falling apart at the seams, and KLS is just small potatoes in the larger healthcare landscape. By all means, take the biomet job. Just be aware of the type of people you will be surrounding yourself with.

You guys are all nuts. First off if you are making the switch to med device I would definitely pass on the CMF jobs. This market is and has been declining for many years. The growth areas are in sternal and rib and Stryker is the only company that has ignored these growth area. Synthes is focused on larger opportunities and has scaled back on CMF reps and pay. Synthes has also started to allow other divisions to sell the CMF line. It doesn't look like the CMF reps will be around for to much longer at Synthes or Stryker. Good Luck

i work for a non Styker company and I'm averaging 23-27k in ribs billings a month and that's only getting 2 cases monthly. Ribs have saved my bacon.

Exactly. Not sure why Stryker doesn't see the importance of being in this market. Just focusing on "CMF Core Products". What does that even mean? Screws that don't load properly, screws designed at the wrong diameter, highest industry plate profile? Lol.....