BHC's Black & African Heritage Network Post

anonymous

Did anyone see BHC’s Linkedin post today in support of Black History Month? If not here is the copy from the post:

“In the spirit of #BlackHistoryMonth, when we honor the contributions Black people have made to the American culture, we are excited to highlight our Black and African Heritage Network, one of our Employee Resource Groups. The Black and African Heritage network was formed under the guidance of our Diversity & Inclusion Council, which works to promote cultural diversity, awareness and education within our organization.”

Now, take a look at our board of directors:

https://ir.bauschhealth.com/corporate-governance/board-of-directors

Pretty diverse and inclusive aren’t they! The Executive Management Team is a little better, with two of the 13 members (~15%) being minority, BUT there is not one, single African American in either group.

https://www.bauschhealth.com/about-us/executive-management-team

Anyone who has walked the halls in Bridgewater has surely noticed that most of the offices are occupied white employees. These are your VP and director level positions. Even at the lower levels we are under represented by people of color. Go to one of our sales meetings – any division – and you will not see a racial representation of the America in the faces of your fellow employees. BTW, having a white, South African VP does not meet the criteria for racial diversity nor does it “highlight our Black and African Heritage” as a company.

America is changing. The citizens of the country expect better from corporate America when it comes to diversity and inclusion. We, as BHC employees, should demand more from our leadership in this area as well. As I write this, I am trying to decide if today's BHC post was done out ignorance or arrogance. Perhaps it is just plain ole stupidity….but I do know this, the sentiment is fake and that is transparent to anyone sees it. If you gave this the “thumbs up” on Linkedin you either support our lack of diversity or are oblivious to it.

<

Did anyone see BHC’s Linkedin post today in support of Black History Month? If not here is the copy from the post:

“In the spirit of #BlackHistoryMonth, when we honor the contributions Black people have made to the American culture, we are excited to highlight our Black and African Heritage Network, one of our Employee Resource Groups. The Black and African Heritage network was formed under the guidance of our Diversity & Inclusion Council, which works to promote cultural diversity, awareness and education within our organization.”

Pretty diverse and inclusive aren’t they! The Executive Management Team is a little better, with two of the 13 members (~15%) being minority, BUT there is not one, single African American in either group.

Anyone who has walked the halls in Bridgewater has surely noticed that most of the offices are occupied white employees. These are your VP and director level positions. Even at the lower levels we are under represented by people of color. Go to one of our sales meetings – any division – and you will not see a racial representation of the America in the faces of your fellow employees. BTW, having a white, South African VP does not meet the criteria for racial diversity nor does it “highlight our Black and African Heritage” as a company.

America is changing. The citizens of the country expect better from corporate America when it comes to diversity and inclusion. We, as BHC employees, should demand more from our leadership in this area as well. As I write this, I am trying to decide if today's BHC post was done out ignorance or arrogance. Perhaps it is just plain ole stupidity….but I do know this, the sentiment is fake and that is transparent to anyone sees it. If you gave this the “thumbs up” on Linkedin you either support our lack of diversity or are oblivious to it.

Thank you for posting the hypocrisy at BHC. Lily white board and management. Shame on them for this BS. Shame. Arrogant meets stupidity _= Joke Papa’s crew

Thank you for posting the hypocrisy at BHC. Lily white board and management. Shame on them for this BS. Shame. Arrogant meets stupidity _= Joke Papa’s crew

Save your token words of Appreciation. Policy and Action is my love language. Make a Commitment to Hire 35% of POC in Management Positions. This goes for every company in Pharma and Medical.

Glad to see you agree with your own post. We were all worried there for a minute. Now give us a list of minorities that applied for any management or board roles and were turned down due to their race.

Glad to see you agree with your own post. We were all worried there for a minute. Now give us a list of minorities that applied for any management or board roles and were turned down due to their race.

I am not in HR so I do not have that information, but I have an inkling you're a forum lurker from that floor (and a low-level one at that). Why don't you provide a list of African American candidates that were actively recruited for management and board roles by our stellar HR department? Ya see that is how building a diverse and inclusive culture works.

I am not in HR so I do not have that information, but I have an inkling you're a forum lurker from that floor (and a low-level one at that). Why don't you provide a list of African American candidates that were actively recruited for management and board roles by our stellar HR department? Ya see that is how building a diverse and inclusive culture works.

So what you are saying is that you don't really have any evidence of any racial discrimination and that you are merely trolling the board. Got it.

This is a very important topic. Let’s not let this be bulldozed by Joke Papa’s trolls.

Facts are facts.

Shameful really.

Yes, facts are facts. You still haven't provided any facts showing that minority candidates applied for any of those roles and were turned down due to racial bias. Instead, you are the troll on here making stuff up as always.

Yes, facts are facts. You still haven't provided any facts showing that minority candidates applied for any of those roles and were turned down due to racial bias. Instead, you are the troll on here making stuff up as always.

You should learn to read before flying off the handle to stir up crap. No one is falling for it. Burden is on you to show black executives. No one would know what Kelly does with those applications. We have a HUGE issue with your hypocrisy.

Unless you do? hmmmm

You should learn to read before flying off the handle to stir up crap. No one is falling for it. Burden is on you to show black executives. No one would know what Kelly does with those applications. We have a HUGE issue with your hypocrisy.

Unless you do? hmmmm

Agreed. It is Kelly's job to actively recruit qualified African American candidates at all level of the organization. Why don't you provide proof that our HR VP is doing that? I sure don't see any evidence of that taking place. A feel good post on Linkedin isn't proof, especially when you look at our board, executive team and senior leadership.

Let's face it....nothing is being done, and that is a pretty sad commentary on our organization.

Agreed. It is Kelly's job to actively recruit qualified African American candidates at all level of the organization. Why don't you provide proof that our HR VP is doing that? I sure don't see any evidence of that taking place. A feel good post on Linkedin isn't proof, especially when you look at our board, executive team and senior leadership.

Let's face it....nothing is being done, and that is a pretty sad commentary on our organization.

It is pathetic to see you agreeing with yourself. You have made the accusation of not hiring minority candidates, yet lack any proof that minority candidates have applied and were turned down.

What is really sad is you and your posts. Grow up, Skippy.

The entire comms team needs to be FIRED

The entire comms team needs to be FIRED

Comms is just doing as they are told from management. Many companies are pretending they care about African Americans this month. If our board and executive team really wants to walk the walk they will publicly announce a plan to increase the number of African Americans in leadership positions at BHC and go out and execute it.

It is pathetic to see you agreeing with yourself. You have made the accusation of not hiring minority candidates, yet lack any proof that minority candidates have applied and were turned down.

What is really sad is you and your posts. Grow up, Skippy.

Skippy is still running away from providing any facts to back up his assertions. How sad.