Best modalities to be selling in?

anonymous

currently in ct/mri, not very familiar with other modalities/how lucrative others are

I realize this is a very vague question but given today's healthcare state, what do you guys view as the best modalities/areas of the hospital to be selling in?

<

currently in ct/mri, not very familiar with other modalities/how lucrative others are

I realize this is a very vague question but given today's healthcare state, what do you guys view as the best modalities/areas of the hospital to be selling in?

If you want to stick in radiology, Ultrasound is the only modality with projected growth in the next 3-5 years according to research from the advisory board. Consumer driven healthcare (price shopping) and the rising trend for price transparency is going to hurt modalities like MRI and CT. You heard it here first.

If you want to stick in radiology, Ultrasound is the only modality with projected growth in the next 3-5 years according to research from the advisory board. Consumer driven healthcare (price shopping) and the rising trend for price transparency is going to hurt modalities like MRI and CT. You heard it here first.

Ultrasound is such a smaller ticket item however, and the technology isn't exactly mindblowing. I'm in the imaging space and it seems as there are just so many players in ultrasound all vying for a piece of the pie. Not that we aren't in that MR/CT/Xray bucket either.

With the new legislation affecting reimbursement for film and CR and facilities essentially being forced to move to Digital, there should be a nice uptick the next couple years. After that is anyones guess. Could be a dead period as facilities blow their budgets to meet the legislation.

Ultrasound is such a smaller ticket item however, and the technology isn't exactly mindblowing. I'm in the imaging space and it seems as there are just so many players in ultrasound all vying for a piece of the pie. Not that we aren't in that MR/CT/Xray bucket either.

With the new legislation affecting reimbursement for film and CR and facilities essentially being forced to move to Digital, there should be a nice uptick the next couple years. After that is anyones guess. Could be a dead period as facilities blow their budgets to meet the legislation.

Ultrasound is a crowded market, but if you get with one of the big 3 you will be fine. Phillips, GE, Siemens are really the only players to consider. I would not hang your hat on the move to digital from analog/CR. Lots of players in that market and that's a forced move which means customers will typically gravitate to the lowest cost solution that gets them by (I assume you're seeing that in CT right now as well). Ultrasound is tricky because it is very tech-dependent and can be a frustrating selling environment. But, it's used by so many departments that you constantly have deals in the mix.

Ultrasound is a crowded market, but if you get with one of the big 3 you will be fine. Phillips, GE, Siemens are really the only players to consider. I would not hang your hat on the move to digital from analog/CR. Lots of players in that market and that's a forced move which means customers will typically gravitate to the lowest cost solution that gets them by (I assume you're seeing that in CT right now as well). Ultrasound is tricky because it is very tech-dependent and can be a frustrating selling environment. But, it's used by so many departments that you constantly have deals in the mix.

We're seeing it now with Samsung entering the marketplace and selling on price. Price wars are inevitable and the smaller vendors such as Konica etc. do have that advantage.

How's Sonosite viewed in the ultrasound world? Market share leader I believe? How do they stack up against the big 3?