Best division of medtronic right now

<

What is the best division of medtronic to sell for currently? Trying to get a sense of where the future is and what is doing well.

Stupid question - reason being, posters will be either happy/successful in their current division or pissed/unsuccessful and their respective answers will reflect this!

Endovascular Therapies is promising and one of the companies largest potentials for growth, particularly the peripheral vascular side of things... Though the aorta is good too.

What is the best division of medtronic to sell for currently? Trying to get a sense of where the future is and what is doing well.

Certainly not DBS. No leadership and incompenetent management. Also, first time competition around the corner will have that group tuning on each other in record time.

I find it interesting Aquamantys was mentioned because I was thinking the same thing. This system was being laughed out of OR's left and right until Medtronic acquired it. By simply slapping big blue's logo on the box it instantly gained credibility and more and more users came on board.

However, we can only do this move so many times. When we start forming the habit of slapping our name on a bunch of run of the mill junk we are not going to be elevating the image of the new products, rather we will be diluting and damaging the reputation of the current portfolio.

What makes you say this? I just started with Medtronic DBS

Lots of experience my friend!!! One competitor should hit the streets in Jan and another shortly thereafter. For a division , sales force and product that has never had competition or been pushed before, it will most certainly get ugly in a hurry. Also, when one of the most respected names in DBS, MDT and PD is literally training the reps of your newest competitor, that ain't a good sign. He carries lots of weight with other institutions and docs. Reality is the DBS community is desperate for an alternative to being forced to work with MDT. Good luck.

Lots of experience my friend!!! One competitor should hit the streets in Jan and another shortly thereafter. For a division , sales force and product that has never had competition or been pushed before, it will most certainly get ugly in a hurry. Also, when one of the most respected names in DBS, MDT and PD is literally training the reps of your newest competitor, that ain't a good sign. He carries lots of weight with other institutions and docs. Reality is the DBS community is desperate for an alternative to being forced to work with MDT. Good luck.

Agreed. Was surprised upon learning of this recently. The blessing of a new product by certain major players has a definite ripple effect in that small community. However, so does failure. As long as the new products are legit (strong words on BSX system), MDT is in trouble.

Can you expand in this some? I'm looking for information for a project and would love just the institution this KOL works?

:) On another thread, someone likened it to moving to Target. Some of the COV divisions would be better compared to Dollar General

We at Medtronic can't wait to make you NE wimps squirm a while before canning your sorry butts.....your entire engineering team should go work at black and decker. Especially when one of the highlights for the last 4 years on your website is how you managed to have all your crap come in the same colored box...really is that the best you could do? Everything else you purchased from someone else.

We at Medtronic can't wait to make you NE wimps squirm a while before canning your sorry butts.....your entire engineering team should go work at black and decker. Especially when one of the highlights for the last 4 years on your website is how you managed to have all your crap come in the same colored box...really is that the best you could do? Everything else you purchased from someone else.

Please tell me you are a troll and not a colleague of mine. I'm embarrassed.