Be Glad You're Not a Doctor

Don't feel sorry for these greedy bastards! They have screwed the American public for years overcharging for shoddy work, and now it's their time to get screwed! No sympathy here!

Don't feel sorry for these greedy bastards! They have screwed the American public for years overcharging for shoddy work, and now it's their time to get screwed! No sympathy here!

I believe the example here was an Oncologist who could not get medical reimbursement for expensive chemo drugs and such, or PC docs who have a good number of patients on Medicare and are under insured.

Let's face it, compared to the average rep, most docs are busting their butts. But many continue to listen to a person who has far less training than they do blather on as to why they should use one AB rated drug over a similar AB rated drug.

These are "solo" practice docs. Let's face it, how many do you have in your territory. I think I have 3. Everybody else belongs to a big ass clinic, HMO or Hospital practice.

Let's face it, compared to the average rep, most docs are busting their butts. But many continue to listen to a person who has far less training than they do blather on as to why they should use one AB rated drug over a similar AB rated drug.

No, they really don't anymore, which is why this job is becoming unnecessary.

True, Doctors didn't go to medical school to earn business degrees, but the reality is they are often managing a business.

I believe the article points out a multitude of factors that show the potential pitfalls of being a Physician and financial squeezes that are being placed upon them, and as someone noted, likely even more so for the solo practitioner.