• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Baxter follows botched purchase with major restructuring

<

As a former Hillrom and now Baxter employee I can honestly say that I have never in my very long sales career seen a bigger bunch of galactically stupid buffoons running such a big company. The "Joe at work" posts are cute, kind of like where's Waldo. But Waldo is not running a 16 billion dollar company into the ground. It takes a special kind of stupid to cut the stock price basically in half in 12 months. The worst part is the complete destruction of the culture that once existed at Hillrom. Just wow.

As a former Hillrom and now Baxter employee I can honestly say that I have never in my very long sales career seen a bigger bunch of galactically stupid buffoons running such a big company. The "Joe at work" posts are cute, kind of like where's Waldo. But Waldo is not running a 16 billion dollar company into the ground. It takes a special kind of stupid to cut the stock price basically in half in 12 months. The worst part is the complete destruction of the culture that once existed at Hillrom. Just wow.

The truth about Baxter is expressed so well by coming from someone who now knows.

Joe has setup us up nicely for a hostile takeover. Cutting budgets and personnel to the point no one can do anything. Sales reps can’t even afford hospital parking. It’s all just sad really. We all hope that he goes with the new kidney company. Leave the rest of us with a quality leader.

How toxic your post is! Not all your colleagues from Hillrom feel the same. Also, do not get me started with what Hillrom as a company did not have that we do now. So, stop spreading inaccurate information!

There was already a toxic culture within HillRom. Management is horrible and Greed driven. They were already running HillRom into the ground. Baxter may be a saving grace for a really poorly run factory in Batesville

Joe is a Narcissist. He pulled this crazy stuff when we were at covidien. Cut cut cut sell. Sounds like he made a really bad purchase right before this time. No accountability can be expected. Joe is Joe

Had the misfortune to pass through during Joe’s reign of terror. How he’s survived running a former great company into the ground and halving share price is a mystery