AZ's fostamatinib Inferior to Humira in Mid-Stage RA Trial

I told research that doing the one last additional study would not be advisable since we have strong data already! However, the lead clinician insisted we take one more look, Oops, this did not show any separation and therefore we must conclude this compound is a failure. We had it folks, everything to back up efficacy and go ahead with Launch phase. Not anymore. Young Leadership and Scientists that dont know anything. It is if they were spies from other companies trying to make AZ fail.

I told research that doing the one last additional study would not be advisable since we have strong data already! However, the lead clinician insisted we take one more look, Oops, this did not show any separation and therefore we must conclude this compound is a failure. We had it folks, everything to back up efficacy and go ahead with Launch phase. Not anymore. Young Leadership and Scientists that dont know anything. It is if they were spies from other companies trying to make AZ fail.
The scientest use trials as a way to feed their friends. They are like lawyers, every extension means more billing hours. The failure of this company stems from poor leadership at the top, pure and simple.

No surprise. AZ is depending on a bunch of fly-by-night companies to invent something to sell. They abandoned R&D for this crap? I am totally amazed we have not announced a massive layoff of the sales force by now! We can't go on like this. Profits down. Reps falling all over each other. It's just a mess. Layoffs can't be too far off. It has to happen.

No surprise. AZ is depending on a bunch of fly-by-night companies to invent something to sell. They abandoned R&D for this crap? I am totally amazed we have not announced a massive layoff of the sales force by now! We can't go on like this. Profits down. Reps falling all over each other. It's just a mess. Layoffs can't be too far off. It has to happen.

Well another AZ flop is in the books! I mean you can't make this stuff up! Everything they touch they destroy! Wonder how good old Brilinta is doing these days? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Layoffs, you can bet the ranch on it. CNS gone, most of Oncology, Hospital, and Managed Care, gone by this time next year. Every company is going this route and not just in Pharma. Well at least we have Obama to take care of us.

Layoffs, you can bet the ranch on it. CNS gone, most of Oncology, Hospital, and Managed Care, gone by this time next year. Every company is going this route and not just in Pharma. Well at least we have Obama to take care of us.

I'm in CNS and it's a miracle they haven't cut 90% of us by now. XR is having a steep uphill climb and getting steeper. I can just imagine how high the rebates on XR must be to get it on any managed care plans. The profit on it has got to be going down and down. The hospital rep in our town never even says a word about Brilinta. I think they have given up. I think one day we will go to one rep per territory carrying every AZ drug. The question is how long will it take to get there.

Tomorrow would be too late . CNS is going away for sure. Leadership will realize that Brillinta is a dog and fire all the addition reps they just hired! It'd the AZ way.

The scientest use trials as a way to feed their friends. They are like lawyers, every extension means more billing hours. The failure of this company stems from poor leadership at the top, pure and simple.

Imagine what they started with in order to understand the magnitude of the waste and failure. They had Prilosec, extended that to Nexium. Powder that costs less than table salt to manufacture and sells for more than 10X it's weight in gold. In massive quantity.

It is a failure of extraordinary proportions. Massive squandering of resources.

For that performance, the executives were enriched like third world dictators. Something is seriously corrupted here.

As an assistant Clinical Investigator with Rigel Pharmaceuticals I must say how unprofessional the Astra Investigators are. They are under intense pressure from their legal division to peel back everything and test everything without a sound reason. Now everything is pending Phase 3 OSKIRA and they want to change things again. Why we teamed up with Astra is beyond me. That company has a reputation for making great compounds go bad!

As an assistant Clinical Investigator with Rigel Pharmaceuticals I must say how unprofessional the Astra Investigators are. They are under intense pressure from their legal division to peel back everything and test everything without a sound reason. Now everything is pending Phase 3 OSKIRA and they want to change things again. Why we teamed up with Astra is beyond me. That company has a reputation for making great compounds go bad!

What is really amazing that Rigel did not do their research on AZ very well, BEFORE they partnered with AZ! Rigel's stock will continue to fall. Even though AZ was down quite a bit yesterday, the market has become accustomed to bad news with AZ, and the stock may very well rebound today. The dividend is very attractive. AZ still remains a bloated organization, especially with the sales force. They still need to control costs better, revamp their business model completely, and reduce redundancies in the sales team. Their #1 problem is incompetent management throughout the company. Also, their reliance on consultants has cost them dearly.

But, nothing ever really changes to a significant degree at AZ. They just keep doing the same things over and over, expecting different results. Isn't that the definition of insanity?

Tomorrow would be too late . CNS is going away for sure. Leadership will realize that Brillinta is a dog and fire all the addition reps they just hired! It'd the AZ way.
AZ does not see value in experience and relationships. They run the sales force like a factory that only recognizes ridiculous metrics like sov and calls per day. Now they look at cost per sales call and that totally removes any consideration of the quality of the call. They will layoff the more senior and most expensive PSSs and managers and backfill them with contract service reps and newbies. You can take that to the bank.

As an Inside home office employee for the last 10 years I have seen this company go down hill. There is no culture or sense of belonging. I am glad to have a paycheck and to have survived 3 layoffs thus far, However, most of us are very unhappy and pray there will be a change in management. So, it is not only in the field, it is all over this cancer of a company. Sales, Administration, and research. Although I think the custodial people are happy to clean up all of the crap we leave behind.