Attrition, Fired, Forced Out, PIP, Resigned

anonymous

How many colleagues do you know personally from Novo that have left for any of those reasons?

I've been with the company around 7 years. I can count 16 off the top of my head.

It's sad. Some deserved it. Many didn't. My manager has gotten rid of 4 reps in the 7 years I've been here.

Here's my thought. If you are losing people at that rate, you might not have made good hiring choices. Or possibly you aren't managing your team well. Does anyone else think that ratio is to high? Or is that standard across Novo?

<

How many colleagues do you know personally from Novo that have left for any of those reasons?

I've been with the company around 7 years. I can count 16 off the top of my head.

It's sad. Some deserved it. Many didn't. My manager has gotten rid of 4 reps in the 7 years I've been here.

Here's my thought. If you are losing people at that rate, you might not have made good hiring choices. Or possibly you aren't managing your team well. Does anyone else think that ratio is to high? Or is that standard across Novo?
In many industries, that kind of turnover would not be accepted. They would take a hard look at talent acquisition/recruiters, training department, and the DBMs and RBDs with highest DCS turnover. By hard look I mean a plan would be put into place to either improve hiring and training, or replace managers that have the highest turnover, year after year. I have friends in banking, law, medical equipment, so maybe its not completely relevant. But also have friends/former competitors at health IT startups, Merck, Genentech, and Amgen. Many top-selling leadership and management books view high turnover as a sign that management has a problem in hiring and training direct reports.
Why don't we have the same view?

In many industries, that kind of turnover would not be accepted. They would take a hard look at talent acquisition/recruiters, training department, and the DBMs and RBDs with highest DCS turnover. By hard look I mean a plan would be put into place to either improve hiring and training, or replace managers that have the highest turnover, year after year. I have friends in banking, law, medical equipment, so maybe its not completely relevant. But also have friends/former competitors at health IT startups, Merck, Genentech, and Amgen. Many top-selling leadership and management books view high turnover as a sign that management has a problem in hiring and training direct reports.
Because there is an endless supply of people willing to step in and replace those that left. Additionally, hiring managers lie to themselves and their superiors that the next lemming that they are bringing in will add more value than the previous lemming they managed out. Face it, in the current pharmaceutical environment, sales reps have less accountability towards sales numbers than in the history of the occupation.

Because NN is run by the Danes who don't care about that paradigm. They are the only ones who need to stay.

http://www.cafepharma.com/boards/threads/medical-team-massive-exit.604415/