• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

***ATTENTION ALL SEVERED EMPLOYEES USING COBRA***

anonymous

This affects "several hundred former employees" per Mercer Marketplace. Please read and inform any former employees who may, unknowingly, be in this situation. Allergan has gone back in time and decided that it payed too much toward health insurance premiums and retroactively readjusted their contribution for 2017. This can put the severed employee and their dependents in arrears and cancels their health insurance immediately! The only way to reinstate coverage is to call Mercer, get the balance owed, due to Allergan not living up to their severance agreement terms, and overnight the payment to their P.O. box 2280 in Omaha, NE 68103 with your Mercer member ID posted. Because the policy has been terminated due to being in arrears, no online payment options exist so BEST case scenario is that my family will be totally exposed for a week or more! This was a sudden development and I have printouts from mid January 2018 showing that my payment is up to date for 2017 and several months into 2018. Mercer's number is 877-248-0510. I strongly urge anyone possibly in this situation to call and check on their status. This is akin to having a mortgage loan and coupon payment booklet, making your payments and then having the bank say....you know what?....we didn't charge you enough interest so you are now defaulting on your loan and your house is in forclosure! Allergan better get this fixed IMMEDIATELY. God forbid any of the affected former employees, through no fault of their own, have a medical emergency and are left twisting in the wind.

<