• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Assistance needed for rapid HIV/AIDS test kits and medicines for non profit mission

Anonymous

Please, I am in need of your company's assistance for medications, rapid HIV/AIDS test kits!

As a volunteer returning to the Dominican Republic and working with an organization called FUMSIL, a nonprofit organization starting up a Nutritional Center for children... FUMSIL which operates along the border of Haiti and the Dominican Republic relies primarily on donations. Governed by the Catholic parish St. Isidore the Laborer in the province of Elías Piña and is the sole provider of healthcare to over 14,000 people. In addition to serving the medical needs of the people on the Dominican-Haitian border, FUMSIL also provides nutritional, religious, and educational assistance. As a volunteer, we will be traveling with medical doctors who visit these remote locations providing medical service to villages. While there, we encounter little ones, incredibly malnourished, some left for dead, abandoned or given up... Some so severely malnourished will return back with us to our home where we will care for them along with the other abandoned children we have acquired.

I am seeking from your company's help acquiring rapid HIV/AIDS test kits, expired or near expired ones as well as expired or near expired medications for these children that otherwise would not have the needed medicines. Anything your company would be willing to either donate or sell for a nominal charge, so we can test/treat these children before bringing them back to the home with the other compromised immune children. At the moment, all of the children in the house are being treated for amoebas which are ongoing processes. There just are not enough medications available to treat them completely which makes this a long term continual process. .

Your company's assistance would be so appreciated with these severely malnourished children...

View last year photos I put together to music from our trip: http://youtu.be/ju3wEv3F8d8

Thank you so much, for your time and consideration.

Lea, FUMSIL Volunteer