Are we doomed in hcv

<

As an outsider looking at trying to get on board with an HCV launch. What am I missing here?

You're looking at a market in the tens of billions of dollars after the exit of interferon. Data for AbbVie's regimen is anywhere from 92 to 100% SVR12. Other markets have made plenty of room for competition. Gilead may be first to market with its all oral regimen, but being first has never meant you get 100% market share.

The financial reports I've read have been positive (Barrons, Marketwatch). They all do speak to a crowded market, but most think AbbVie will be a significant player.

So from the outside it looks like a good opportunity. Where is the smoke? Because I don't see fire.

As an outsider looking at trying to get on board with an HCV launch. What am I missing here?

You're looking at a market in the tens of billions of dollars after the exit of interferon. Data for AbbVie's regimen is anywhere from 92 to 100% SVR12. Other markets have made plenty of room for competition. Gilead may be first to market with its all oral regimen, but being first has never meant you get 100% market share.

The financial reports I've read have been positive (Barrons, Marketwatch). They all do speak to a crowded market, but most think AbbVie will be a significant player.

So from the outside it looks like a good opportunity. Where is the smoke? Because I don't see fire.

RITONAVIR!!! You must work for Abbvie PR - - - come on out and talk to our docs, Bozo!

RITONAVIR!!! You must work for Abbvie PR - - - come on out and talk to our docs, Bozo!

No, I don't work for Abbvie PR. Just looking for insights, and you didn't help much there.

I get it, Ritonavir is not a well tolerated, although widely used medicine in HIV (at a recommended dose of 1200 mg/day)

Is the inclusion of 100 mg of Ritonavir (1/12th the recommended dose for HIV patients) really that much of a tolerance issue....?

The discontinuation rates seem low, not zero but in the 1-2% range.

No, I don't work for Abbvie PR. Just looking for insights, and you didn't help much there.

I get it, Ritonavir is not a well tolerated, although widely used medicine in HIV (at a recommended dose of 1200 mg/day)

Is the inclusion of 100 mg of Ritonavir (1/12th the recommended dose for HIV patients) really that much of a tolerance issue....?

Dude we all know you work at abbvie. Nobody cares about your attempt to save this dying division. We are leaving this sinking ship! Especially the good reps from vertex!

C'mon let's get real man. This is a big company so it's expected a few employees will come and go. Maybe they don't like their manager, maybe they have a change in their personal lives, and so on. I'm staying focused on what I'm doing and I suggest you do the same.

Where do you live? Nobody has used that dose in 15 years in HIV...100mg is used as a booster - and it still makes people ill. Most HIV docs are totally moving away from Protease Inhibitors because they require 100 mg of Ritonavir...