• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Are the Edarbi reps the first to be pushed out the door with new field coaching?

Anonymous

I've only got about 20 scripts launch-to-date. I'm sitting in the middle of my region too. My DM told me people will be pushed out the door for not performing. I can't help but to think the Edarbi reps are the first ones to go.

<

I've only got about 20 scripts launch-to-date. I'm sitting in the middle of my region too. My DM told me people will be pushed out the door for not performing. I can't help but to think the Edarbi reps are the first ones to go.

Did you reply, "great when is all of upper management being notified that they have been pushed out the door? Tell them not to let the door hit them in the A$$."

I have a question for those who worked for TAP before the merger and were around when the antibiotic Spectracef was launched. My question is, how long did TAP promote Spectracef before they realized that it had no future and could not get any traction and was thus abandoned?

Is the EDARBI launch similar to what happend with Spectracef before it was decided to no longer promote Spectracef? This is a serious question and I would appreciated only serious replys.

Thanks

I have a question for those who worked for TAP before the merger and were around when the antibiotic Spectracef was launched. My question is, how long did TAP promote Spectracef before they realized that it had no future and could not get any traction and was thus abandoned?

Is the EDARBI launch similar to what happend with Spectracef before it was decided to no longer promote Spectracef? This is a serious question and I would appreciated only serious replys.

Thanks

Spectracef.

Barely 200 reps launching it. Competitors were 3-4 head count per territory. Resources were horrible. We didn't even have enough to sample one box for every target per month. No managed care, pharmacies did not have it in stock, no coupons. This was a disaster, docs were begging for a new antibiotic. This market was primed for success and TAP fumbled this one.

Spectracef.

Barely 200 reps launching it. Competitors were 3-4 head count per territory. Resources were horrible. We didn't even have enough to sample one box for every target per month. No managed care, pharmacies did not have it in stock, no coupons. This was a disaster, docs were begging for a new antibiotic. This market was primed for success and TAP fumbled this one.

Ya but I think Spectracef still had more Rx's than EDARBI at this point post launch and it was still abandoned. Do you think EDARBI will be abandoned like Spectracef was because it is launching even worse than Spectracef? Also, exactly when did TAP abandon Spectracef and stop promoting and manufacturing it?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Ya but I think Spectracef still had more Rx's than EDARBI at this point post launch and it was still abandoned. Do you think EDARBI will be abandoned like Spectracef was because it is launching even worse than Spectracef? Also, exactly when did TAP abandon Spectracef and stop promoting and manufacturing it?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Spectracef did better than Edarbi this far into launch. Reps IC was 10%, they were still paid 90% on prevacid. No true commitment to make this drug a success. TAP dropped this experiment 10-12 months into launch. Purdue bought the rights and sold it after. Key difference, Spectracef was not a TAP drug, Edarbi belongs to Takeda. My prediction, Takeda will try to sell Edarbi as long as they did with Rozerem. It will take 5 years and many RIF's later until they realize it's a dud.

Who could forget those Grambo stuffed animals. Those were the coolest trinkets ever! TAP had 10 years of Prevacid revenue ahead of them during Spectracef launch. Wasn't exactly dire straights to succeed, unlike with current situation with Edarbi.

Most edarbi reps are the 1st ones who should be shown the door. At least they've proven they don't have relationships with docs that they tout having on their Performance Mgmt document. You have a better drug in your bag and some patients can get it for the same price as competitors and you can't get your docs to write it...PATHETIC!

You think just because a doc talks to you must mean you're buddies and you have an awesome relationship, so sad.

Most edarbi reps are the 1st ones who should be shown the door. At least they've proven they don't have relationships with docs that they tout having on their Performance Mgmt document. You have a better drug in your bag and some patients can get it for the same price as competitors and you can't get your docs to write it...PATHETIC!

You think just because a doc talks to you must mean you're buddies and you have an awesome relationship, so sad.

yawn...whatever. I'm sure you could do better

Spectracef did better than Edarbi this far into launch. Reps IC was 10%, they were still paid 90% on prevacid. No true commitment to make this drug a success. TAP dropped this experiment 10-12 months into launch. Purdue bought the rights and sold it after. Key difference, Spectracef was not a TAP drug, Edarbi belongs to Takeda. My prediction, Takeda will try to sell Edarbi as long as they did with Rozerem. It will take 5 years and many RIF's later until they realize it's a dud.

I don't agree. With how pathetic it's launch numbers have been, I think it stops being promoted after this year.

Now don't rush to judgement so quickly. Edarbi is the first in our long line of CV/HTN products being investigated, and the early results look quite promising. For example, we have a novel anti-HTN med coming that works to inhibit ACE. It's a few months away from phase III, but holy cow!!! AND--are you sitting down? Apparently, (and this is super top-secret) you can add HCT to almost any anti HTN med and get some excellent outcomes! Imagine having this one-two punch to go into offices with and really show them how out in front our R and D is! This ARB class is just now beginning to ripen--loads of unmet potential that those cheaper generics just can't tap.

Edarbi is like that rosebud that smells so faintly fragrant, but when it blossoms into the market leader it's aroma will sanctify all of the innovative and clever leadership we should be praising.

Keep yawning buddy, the next RIF call from your DM will wake you up. You might want to leave your "launch" experience off the resume when you're fighting experienced reps for the open contract job in your area.[/QUOT

yawn...again, I'm sure you could do better

I did do better, that's why I'm not a rep like you anymore and I did it with drugs that were "me-toos"...go ahead and yawn again...oh how I hate you Gen Y whiney bitches

Now don't rush to judgement so quickly. Edarbi is the first in our long line of CV/HTN products being investigated, and the early results look quite promising. For example, we have a novel anti-HTN med coming that works to inhibit ACE. It's a few months away from phase III, but holy cow!!! AND--are you sitting down? Apparently, (and this is super top-secret) you can add HCT to almost any anti HTN med and get some excellent outcomes! Imagine having this one-two punch to go into offices with and really show them how out in front our R and D is! This ARB class is just now beginning to ripen--loads of unmet potential that those cheaper generics just can't tap.

Edarbi is like that rosebud that smells so faintly fragrant, but when it blossoms into the market leader it's aroma will sanctify all of the innovative and clever leadership we should be praising.

Hilarious! Simply hilarious!!