Anyone getting out of Med Device?

<

Got out and run my own business. Started and funded my company while working the day job. Know a good handful of guys/gals that have done this. I have never been happier.

Been in the medical device industry for over 30 years. Would have never suspected 10 years ago that I would have to pay a 3rd party a fee(Vendor Credentialing) to talk to a hospital representative about purchasing a medical product. The greed element in healthcare is 10x of what it used to be. If the job "ain't" fun anymore, it is best to get out!!

What type of business did you start? I've been trying to get out for 2.5 years now after being in it for 10yrs. I cant find anything with comparable pay. I'd love some insight on starting a business or finding a B2B job that actually pays 6 figures and isn't a total insult like paychecks, copiers, door to door cable sales, etc.etc.

Got out and run my own business. Started and funded my company while working the day job. Know a good handful of guys/gals that have done this. I have never been happier.

What type of business did you start? I've been trying to get out for 2.5 years now after being in it for 10yrs. I cant find anything with comparable pay. I'd love some insight on starting a business or finding a B2B job that actually pays 6 figures and isn't a total insult like paychecks, copiers, door to door cable sales, etc.etc.

You may want to go the 1099 independent route, doing creams, TENS, and perhaps repackaged generic drugs.

Being an independent means being your own boss. No salary, but uncapped commissions. You truly eat what you kill - and if you close a huge account or two, there is plenty of meat for the freezer.

If you insist on a salaried job, even with a bonus structure for exceeding quota, you are still working for someone else.

I am planning on getting out of medical as soon as these pain creams stop reimbursing. I make more in a month than I did a year at any med device job. Just gonna milk it to the end and live below my means. Then I will figure out next move. Maybe open a Hooters or something.