Any Luck Landing a Job Post Merck?

Anonymous

After the hundreds of field layoffs in June, what is the job market showing?

Are there good paying jobs out there? What is that job market like?

What are you finding and not finding out there?

Good luck to all.

<

After the TENS OF THOUSANDS of layoffs at Merck and the 100,000 layoffs across the industry, I'd say it's time to broaden your horizons outside of pharma. Wake up, the coffee has been brewed, consumed and rebrewed again. Can't you smell it?

What are the areas of opportunity?

The same old, same old, with a ton of the same kind of candidates you are. Laid off. Displaced. Canned.

If you think you'll find it easy, wait. You can get an interview and praise too but to get an offer is a tough road. They are watering down the jobs. Lower level requirement and leaning toward the young folks. Hey, they work a few years and move on. No fuss, no muss no benefits for long!

Ideal!

Medical sales in general sucks ass. Glad I got out when I did. I don't have to strut around like I'm changing the world. Some of you don't even realize how foolish you look.

Have to agree with the medical gig. I did it for 9 years then moved over to high end pharma if that's what u call it, not with Merck but thought I'd peek in. Really sucks to hear of the coming layoffs..any of us could be next. Medical is ok if you get a really specialized gig in tissue etc.. There can be some very high paying medical gigs but most are just me too products that you will bang your head forever with purchasing begging them to break contract to bring in. I do not miss Inservicing at midnight to a bunch of nurses that don't give a crap.