• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

And there went eye care...

<

Flashback to 2019 when Novartis adopted the Takeda salesforce when it purchased Xiidra…and then laid everyone off lol

Hopefully there will be a shrimp cocktail bar at the first meeting. We can also have a business planning session where everyone just goes to their rooms instead. Greatest first meeting ever.

Its a shame what Novartis has done to this drug and division. They should have left it alone after their first eye care disaster with alcon. Hopefully they negotiated a good deal for its employees and didn't screw them over.

... Hopefully they negotiated a good deal for its employees and didn't screw them over.
That is funny! Wishful thinking.

Novartis gives ZERO concerns for them. The former Novartis workers are now Bausch's problem. And we all know what happens to the excess baggage that arrives at the new company.

That is funny! Wishful thinking.

Novartis gives ZERO concerns for them. The former Novartis workers are now Bausch's problem. And we all know what happens to the excess baggage that arrives at the new company.
They already have a salesforce of lower paid reps. Will come down to them deciding who is cheaper to give severance to.

Do not believe you have a job at B & L. Let's take a look at how long pretzel head, bruce lee, and Run DMC have been lying to us. First, they trim down EC(TLLs, MSLs etc). News leaks to media late last yr we are being shopped around. "All rumor and speculation " then, while we're freezing in shitcago in March another press release that "novartits" has tapped an advisor to begin the sale of eyecare. No no no!!! dont worry because "we are fully vested in eyecare and i don't know about you but I don't live in a world of speculation and rumors! June - sold! There will never be transparency EVER! Accept that fact and you will be a much happier pharma rep. Start looking now because who knows what these assholes negotiated with this sell off. Don't plan on having a car, same salary, or same benefits if you are one of the reps kept. Most will not be retained.

I’ve worked for both Novartis and B+L. If you have a high salary you can kiss that goodbye. Maybe they'll offer you a job with lower pay or maybe they'll just let you go. B+L has decent benefits but nowhere near Novartis' level. Med D coverage will fade away as they won't put all that $ toward rebates. No way managers will be kept except a few chosen ones. No way they'll retain all reps for long. B+L business model is to lay of periodically to trim the fat. Lastly, it's usually a clown show so buckle up. Right now everyone is telling us exactly what we want to hear. Surely you know better by now than to believe them.

I’ve worked for both Novartis and B+L. If you have a high salary you can kiss that goodbye. Maybe they'll offer you a job with lower pay or maybe they'll just let you go. B+L has decent benefits but nowhere near Novartis' level. Med D coverage will fade away as they won't put all that $ toward rebates. No way managers will be kept except a few chosen ones. No way they'll retain all reps for long. B+L business model is to lay of periodically to trim the fat. Lastly, it's usually a clown show so buckle up. Right now everyone is telling us exactly what we want to hear. Surely you know better by now than to believe them.

Do not believe you have a job at B & L. Let's take a look at how long pretzel head, bruce lee, and Run DMC have been lying to us. First, they trim down EC(TLLs, MSLs etc). News leaks to media late last yr we are being shopped around. "All rumor and speculation " then, while we're freezing in shitcago in March another press release that "novartits" has tapped an advisor to begin the sale of eyecare. No no no!!! dont worry because "we are fully vested in eyecare and i don't know about you but I don't live in a world of speculation and rumors! June - sold! There will never be transparency EVER! Accept that fact and you will be a much happier pharma rep. Start looking now because who knows what these assholes negotiated with this sell off. Don't plan on having a car, same salary, or same benefits if you are one of the reps kept. Most will not be retained.
No one believed this. I think people were banking on their severance and being laid off if they were bought. Now you'll be selling 3 dry eye drugs with no part D coverage in a crowded marketplace with less budget and resources. I feel bad for the people that turned down opportunities thinking Novartis was still the place to be or they'd actually let us stay here if there was a purchase. They sold us out for a bag of pretzels.

If you think you're seriously safe and guaranteed a job with Bausch think again. Just ask the Shire reps that were told they had jobs when Novartis acquired them. They made all those poor people rush off to training in NJ to get certified and then 50% or more were cut. Novartis negotiated whatever deal works best for them. They do not care what happens to us.