• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Amitiza 20%?

anonymous

Adding Amitiza to the "Elite" bag at 20% hardly seems worth two weeks training time out of the field. Many of us former "Elite" reps still will sell 4 products (let's face it- gout is TWO products), many of whom are in a single stack territory. It will be hard to devote any time to this 20% endeavor as we plead for any Nesina Rx and manage BOTH gout products.

<

Adding Amitiza to the "Elite" bag at 20% hardly seems worth two weeks training time out of the field. Many of us former "Elite" reps still will sell 4 products (let's face it- gout is TWO products), many of whom are in a single stack territory. It will be hard to devote any time to this 20% endeavor as we plead for any Nesina Rx and manage BOTH gout products.

Damn that sucks, not worth the pay

Amitiza is a good drug with a lot of potential. About time Takeda stepped up with the marketing of this drug, Amitiza should be doing more in $$ than Linzess. This is another Takeda screw up.

yes and then NO.

Colcrys is a stupid easy detail and you KNOW where to target that drug.

Nesina (and family) will become less and less important as generic penetration becomes more and more prominent. So it's Amitiza and Uloric baby for now and trust me...eventually Trinellix.

yes and then NO.

Colcrys is a stupid easy detail and you KNOW where to target that drug.

Nesina (and family) will become less and less important as generic penetration becomes more and more prominent. So it's Amitiza and Uloric baby for now and trust me...eventually Trinellix.

We really don't need additional Trintellix salespeople. I think a layoff in about 3 years would be the better move.

Amitiza is a good drug with a lot of potential. About time Takeda stepped up with the marketing of this drug, Amitiza should be doing more in $$ than Linzess. This is another Takeda screw up.

Amitiza has a lot of potential? This boat has been taking on water for 3 years now. If you look at NRx share, Linzess and Rx Miralax are both killing us. If we didn't keep raising the WAC price, annually, then we would sell less this year than we did in 2015! Linzess keeps growing, Amitiza keeps tanking, and plecanatide comes to market in 9 months. A few more voices in the field (at 20%) will do nothing to save this sinking ship!! Get with it!!!

The real issue on this thread isn't whether Amitiza is a good or bad drug. It's that certain reps are expected to carry 3 disease states/6 drugs (many "single stack"- i.e. no counterpart) while the rest of the company coasts by with just two in their bag- likely WITH COUNTERPARTS!

The real issue on this thread isn't whether Amitiza is a good or bad drug. It's that certain reps are expected to carry 3 disease states/6 drugs (many "single stack"- i.e. no counterpart) while the rest of the company coasts by with just two in their bag- likely WITH COUNTERPARTS!

Stop complaining Allergan reps carry more than that!