• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

Amgen Sales Rep Training

Anonymous

Hi. I was recently hired by Amgen as a direct sales representative. I want to ask those who have been through Amgen's sales rep training program about their experiences? What did you do? What separates their sales rep program from other pharm companies?

<

Great training. 3week home study 1week in Thousand Oaks. (May be more depending on division). All test done at home during home study and timed. No final exam No roommates and nightly study mandatory sessions while in TO.

no roommates? mandatory nightly training? you have got to be a pharma r*****. you must be one of the morons that keeps everyone sitting around past 5 with your stupid questions. nightly sessions are optional. training is long and drawn out. there is no reason to be in TO that long.

Great training. 3week home study 1week in Thousand Oaks. (May be more depending on division). All test done at home during home study and timed. No final exam No roommates and nightly study mandatory sessions while in TO.

ugggh timed tests. Are they that difficult? Thanks for any "real" info. I'm getting too old for this training, LOL. But I'm excited about the new opportunity.

Thanks for any serious answers on the tests. Don't be snarky.

no roommates? mandatory nightly training? you have got to be a pharma r*****. you must be one of the morons that keeps everyone sitting around past 5 with your stupid questions. nightly sessions are optional. training is long and drawn out. there is no reason to be in TO that long.

Nightly study sessions are no longer optional.

Generation Y-ner just cannot fathom having to do actual work and put in time to be knowledgeable about their products in case one of their docs actually talks to them. SMH