Amgen Culture like Facebook

anonymous

The report about Facebook's tough stack-rank review process coincides with a story by CNBC last week in which some employees described the company's culture as "cult-like." Many Facebook employees say they feel the need to appear happy in order to win favor with colleagues, CNBC reported. The publication cited more than a dozen former Facebook employees who detailed how the company's leadership had created a culture where workers are encouraged to be agreeable and shy away from critiques of their employer.

Facebook employees also describe a top-down attitude where major decisions are made by the company's leadership while workers are encouraged to agree regardless of how they feel, CNBC reported. They noted that approach is in direct contradiction to Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg's "authentic self" mantra.

The pressure to appear agreeable flared up at a town hall meeting at its Menlo Park headquarters in October, CNBC reported.

"I was reticent to speak, Sheryl, because the pressure for us to act as though everything is fine and that we love working here is so great that it hurts," one employee reportedly said at the October meeting. "There shouldn't be this pressure to pretend to love something when I don't feel this way."

That comment reportedly drew applause from the employee's colleagues.

Amgen culture is all about kissing ass and agreeing with your superiors

<

I absolutely agree that Amgen culture is cult-like! You have to act like you are just turning over your entire life to the company. NOTHING matters more than your job: not your family, not your personal life, nothing! Is this how Scientology works? Will Amgen be taking over our kids for brainwashing? This is such a strange culture!