• Thurs news: AbbVie Parkinson’s drug. Arch raises $3B biotech fund. Biogen dropping failed Sage tremor drug. AZ gets sought-after Tagrisso OK. Pfizer withdrawing sickle cell med. See more on our front page

America Home Office Moving to Dallas from Fort Worth

anonymous

It is official. Fort Worth offices moving to downtown Dallas with most of the American employees fired. Another stupid Flemming decision... The newly hired management blokes are all relocating to Dallas.

<

Let’s just burn through some more cash and increase debt when we have a perfectly good home office. Is this some kind of a joke? Will someone with some finance credentials step in please?

It’s been one reckless decision after the other for the last 24 months. Things have turned horrendously wrong ever since Flemming became CEO. The cleaning up will be horrible.

Yep, heard it from my top MGMT in Lausanne. Understanding is there will be a move. Shared work spaces probably an open concept. You have to wonder if it reduces overhead expenses or costing with the up coming IPO.

Questions remain, distribution center location, will that be outsourced etc. If it were my money, yes.

Probably a hybrid work model for shared spaces. I wouldn't mind the commute if it was only 2 days a week in the office. Seems weird though to have pharma in downtown Dallas.

Yep, heard it from my top MGMT in Lausanne. Understanding is there will be a move. Shared work spaces probably an open concept. You have to wonder if it reduces overhead expenses or costing with the up coming IPO.

Questions remain, distribution center location, will that be outsourced etc. If it were my money, yes.
Not having any fixed assets make it easier to split the company up and sell the businesses to the highest bidder.

US finance source says long term lease in Fort Worth far cheaper than long term lease in Dallas. There is much more at play in this one. Get the fact straight, Gomer.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of rational sense in the decision making being made. This wework model may be cheaper if that is the route. We can only speculate at this point. Does management want to pay for prestige as well is another variable.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of rational sense in the decision making being made. This wework model may be cheaper if that is the route. We can only speculate at this point. Does management want to pay for prestige as well is another variable.
It is not the cheap wework model. It is high end rental property amidst the investment bankers, law firms