• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Allergan Legacy Salaries

anonymous

Honest question here:
Been here 3 yrs. Hired on pre-merger with Allergan. Specialty position. 7 yrs experience in pharma. I’m at $95k base which seems on the low end vs my AbbVie colleagues. Am I underpaid or is that on avg from everyone else?

<

Honest question here:
Been here 3 yrs. Hired on pre-merger with Allergan. Specialty position. 7 yrs experience in pharma. I’m at $95k base which seems on the low end vs my AbbVie colleagues. Am I underpaid or is that on avg from everyone else?

It's more than me but I also don't have as much pharma experience as you

You are underpaid. Everyone that was here before merger is making less then AbbVie reps. No one know exactly why but they cannot increase your salary to match AbbVie’s. Managers and reps included. Could have something to do with the acquisition agreement. It’s a mystery but even if you change divisions to a higher level,position, they can’t increase. At least not for now.

Whats up with the cheap salaries in rhe former Allergan division. I applied for a neurology sales speciality. I was told the position pays up to 90,000. Also they wanted someone who has an MBA and at least 5 years of hospital sales experience. Are you kidding?

Legacy Allergan reps are leaving in significant numbers. Managers are well aware of this. Here’s the question Abbvie: What are you going to do about it?

My guess… nothing. We are all a number. You are replaceable.

Abbvie does not seem to care. They talk about inclusion and equality yet they do not adjust the salaries. Some legacy allergan reps have years of experience and yet their abbvie counterparts are making a lot more.
So if Abbvie is for equality, and speaking up and holding others accountable, why doesn’t someone address the issue.
More and more legacy reps will continue to leave.

Abbvie does not seem to care. They talk about inclusion and equality yet they do not adjust the salaries. Some legacy allergan reps have years of experience and yet their abbvie counterparts are making a lot more.
So if Abbvie is for equality, and speaking up and holding others accountable, why doesn’t someone address the issue.

This company is awesome. Doesn’t promote based on skin color but on merit!

So you accepted your pay and now all of a sudden you bitchin?

Yes, we accepted the pay because Allergan’s bonus structure was much better then abbvie. We were paid for performance. Bonus more then compensated for base.
Unlike some abbvie reps who rely on salary and barely work out on the field.

So did anyone hear about an internal management email accidentally sent out discussing the ability to pay new hires the max of $115k starting? Allergan legacy reps were told the starting was $80k. From the email it’s states it’s $110-115k. I know two new hires with Abbvie in same division of company with little to no experience that got the $115k starting salary…The gist is Abbvie is severely underpaying the allergan legacy reps…So is Abbvie going to raise legacy salaries or try to sweep under the rug?

So did anyone hear about an internal management email accidentally sent out discussing the ability to pay new hires the max of $115k starting? Allergan legacy reps were told the starting was $80k. From the email it’s states it’s $110-115k. I know two new hires with Abbvie in same division of company with little to no experience that got the $115k starting salary…The gist is Abbvie is severely underpaying the allergan legacy reps…So is Abbvie going to raise legacy salaries or try to sweep under the rug?

there are tenured employees of 10 to 20 years making that at Abbvie. If someone wants to increase their pay the fastest way to do it is switch companies. Point proven here