Advice when trying to interview/relocate? Struggling

anonymous

Hi all,

I am having a very tough time with interviewing around as I am trying to relocate to be closer to friends and family. It is just a few hours of south of me, but there is no opportunity to relocate with my current company and of course every hiring manager wants existing relationships in territory plus they just would prefer to avoid relo's.

Any advice? My resume is solid with b2b and device success, awards, brag book, etc. This is really driving my crazy as I have been wanting to move for a while but I can't seem to move through any interview processes once they hear "relocate". Plenty of opps around me but unhappy where I live and want to move asap. Thanks guys.

<

You said you are moving near friends and family. You need to contact those folks and find out who ha connections in the hospitals there. Find anyone who worls at a potential account and get an intro with them. Talk to them and tell them your situation and straight up ask for a referral. My experience has been that the avg person loves feeling like they can be a game changer for another person. They will likely jump at the chance to help you out if there if a mutual connection. Hireing managers are looking for the easiest transition period. If you can get a letter of recommendation from an employee and then figure out how to talk them up in the interview you will be ahead of the game.

You said you are moving near friends and family. You need to contact those folks and find out who ha connections in the hospitals there. Find anyone who worls at a potential account and get an intro with them. Talk to them and tell them your situation and straight up ask for a referral. My experience has been that the avg person loves feeling like they can be a game changer for another person. They will likely jump at the chance to help you out if there if a mutual connection. Hireing managers are looking for the easiest transition period. If you can get a letter of recommendation from an employee and then figure out how to talk them up in the interview you will be ahead of the game.

Thanks for the feedback. Am i honestly better off leaving my company and interviewing when i live in the territory i want? I couldnt imagine that would have been the case but it has been a few months now and im making very little traction. I have a secondary address (family member) on my resume of where i want to move to and i specify that i dont need any relocation assistance but this has been really tough.