Adu team:Sign on bonus re-payment

anonymous

Has anyone on the Adu team been asked to re-pay their sign on bonus? I was there for 10mos and stayed as long as I could but ultimately had to take a better opportunity. Now they are asking for re-payment of the full amount. Thoughts?

<

Has anyone on the Adu team been asked to re-pay their sign on bonus? I was there for 10mos and stayed as long as I could but ultimately had to take a better opportunity. Now they are asking for re-payment of the full amount. Thoughts?

Yes. If you didn’t hang around to the absolute last second and wait to be fired, they’re asking for their money back. I laughed when I got the letter. You want my $12k, then take me to court and come get it. I’m not paying back a penny - they eliminated my job. I was just smart enough to get a new one 2 weeks before they officially cut me loose. But, fuck off Biogen. Letters don’t scare me. Take me to court.

Yes. If you didn’t hang around to the absolute last second and wait to be fired, they’re asking for their money back. I laughed when I got the letter. You want my $12k, then take me to court and come get it. I’m not paying back a penny - they eliminated my job. I was just smart enough to get a new one 2 weeks before they officially cut me loose. But, fuck off Biogen. Letters don’t scare me. Take me to court.

They are just going to sell your debt to a collections agency. They will buy the debt for pennies on the dollar. Once the inevitably get ahold of you, just offer them $1500 and call it a day... or else they will ding your credit.

I would agree in telling them to buzz off. The process of collecting will cost them more than the money recovered. Of course they did just flush billions for a few million in adu sales so they might need a math refresher.

Probably just annoy you for an extended period and then give up. Heard that happened in years past.

Shame on Biogen for this bullshit. But, I can’t say I’m surprised. They fucked up the launch of Adu, and they’ll take one more opportunity to fuck their former employees on the way out. This is classic Biogen thinking - “sure you saved us paying you severance by finding a new job right before we dissolved your old job, but I want my $10k back.” This company is a joke, and the worst mistake I’ve ever made in my career was to come work here. Fuck off, Biogen.

Hire an employment attorney to write a letter.Could save you the majority of your sign on given it’ll cost them more in legal fees to fight it. It’s worth 1,000 to save the rest.

Hire an employment attorney to write a letter.Could save you the majority of your sign on given it’ll cost them more in legal fees to fight it. It’s worth 1,000 to save the rest.

holy shit, good luck with that
The 10k you’ll spend on an atty isn’t worth it
plan to pay it back
bummer if you didn’t put It into high interest savings