• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Adam you are the reason nothing changes

Anonymous

Look at your so-called restructure: shuffle the same old people, then change the names of the so-called teams.

How can you innovate when you define "change" as a name change, while the underlying process and structure remain the same?

How can you innovate when the same people make the same decisions with no consequences to THEMSELVES???

Customer Focus? It, like the rest of the terms you used in your presentation, means "focus on your immediate manager" nothing else matters.

You think we sell with coupons and samples? You don't know Merck. We sell with empty sample bins (our competitors' are always overflowing), beautiful "glossies" (that the customers hate but the managers love to see us use) and coupons that the customers don't like (typically a much lower discount than our competitors offer). As I said you don't know Merck.

<

Adam is being groomed to be the next CEO. He is just the right age and runs the most successful franchise at Merck. You did see him in the video with Frazier and Perlmutter?

OP Right on. Merck leadership is like a losing Football team. New gameplan, have all the same old players swap jerseys and change thier names and hope for different results. Unbeliveable.

Funny how any sales rep worth his salt knows who his biggest customers are...yet Merck execs had no idea who the company's biggest customers were globally until recently looking into it.

Really? ya think you might want to know that?

You really earned that 16% raise. Yikes. yet these bozos earn millions while thousands get laid off.

karma. it's a-comin...

as i was listening to the ghh call yesterday, I just wanted to ask Adam "where the hell have you been the past 7 or 8 years buddy?"

the fact that he is just discovering that we are not truly customer centric or that our detail pieces look the same as they did 26 years ago.......are you freaking kidding me?????

how insulated is he and the how insulated is the leadership team? do they think that one or two highly orchestrated "dip your toes into the field" dog and pony shows a year with a rep and maybe a conversation or 2 with our well reimbursed "consultants" gives you ANY insight into what is really happening out here? and do you think those of us who are out here every day slogging thru the crap feel enough trust in you to tell you the truth? we see those who speak out get axed and we learn pretty quick what the culture allows around here.

this is sad.

I do not traditionally post on this site, but I believe this thread is right on and I wish someone could anonymously send this to all of the senior leadership team. I don't necessarily think our senior leaders are even aware of how people really feel because of their insulated environment at HQ.

If we want real change, it has to start at the top. Change not a reshuffling exercise. I was extremely disappointed to hear Adam admit to not even knowing who are top customers were. And we wonder why we are in this predicament?

Good luck to everyone!

He never did understand sales team and couldn't have cared less about what they did or what it takes to do the job. He hates being in the field or getting up close with customers - no surprise he doesnt know who they are - he doesnt know who is on his team in the front lines. And anyone close to him over the past decade knows he belittles sales reps. Thinks they are worthless. He was the cause of the downfall of a great company starting with vioxx and his approach to " "Marketing" studies vs scientific studies. He just wanted something new to discuss to create buzz that would drive result - truth in data be damned. Shame majority vote could not impeach him as an inept leader and fraud.

Adam was removed from the transformation team a few months ago. This retread of previously failed ploys is being touted by a new group of schmoes. Poor suckers they, like MRL, proudly feel this plan is NOVEL!

Stick a fork in this place - it's done.

Adam as CEO is a near impossibility. He's probably laughing at that post at least as hard as Ken and the prankster BOD members.