• Wed news: 2025 Medicare drug price negotiations. BioAge Labs aiming at $180M IPO. Merck Keytruda colorectal cancer flop. Sanofi gets bids for consumer health unit. Novo Nordisk CEO in Senate hot seat. See more on our front page

Actavis Plans New Allergan Approach

Anonymous

CNBC reports a new takeover offer could come as soon as this week and that Allergan is open to selling.

Question: Since Actavis is a rollup, what makes them so different from Valeant? Just because they originally stated they wouldn't gut R&D? I guess we should take their word for it?

<

CNBC reports a new takeover offer could come as soon as this week and that Allergan is open to selling.

Question: Since Actavis is a rollup, what makes them so different from Valeant? Just because they originally stated they wouldn't gut R&D? I guess we should take their word for it?

No Ackman with Actavis. Until the specifics of a new deal are made know don't assume R&D or anything else won't be cut. If it's not in the agreement, you only have their word.

No Ackman with Actavis. Until the specifics of a new deal are made know don't assume R&D or anything else won't be cut. If it's not in the agreement, you only have their word.

I think you may be confused. If we sell Ackman will still benefit, no matter who the buyer is. It will make lots of money for Ackman and for Pershing Square. Valeant, however, would be SOL and would have to scramble to find another acquisition to keep their pathetic accounting games from pulling them underwater.

Not a fairy tale ending, but I would love to see Mikey P being carted off to meet his cell mate from Enron. That at least will be somewhat satisfying.

Actavis CEO called the Forest acquisition more of a merger than an acquisition then went on to close most of the Forest sites in the first three months, including R&D. Forest R&D really sucked though so maybe you'll have better luck.

Actavis CEO called the Forest acquisition more of a merger than an acquisition then went on to close most of the Forest sites in the first three months, including R&D. Forest R&D really sucked though so maybe you'll have better luck.

The Actavis CEO (Brent Saunders) came from Forest. From his perspective it was a merger.

The Actavis CEO (Brent Saunders) came from Forest. From his perspective it was a merger.

The Forest deal was forced by another scumbag hedge fund guy, Carl Icahn. He forced out the Forest CEO and handed picked Saunders who led the merging with Actavist.

From a sales perspective Forsest legacy won out over Actavist. Their reps and their system was kept in place with many Actavist reps being fired. So Allergan sales forces specifically Neuro would be in trouble if Actavist bought us.

Forest is a very very bad company and they are in neruo, gi, primary care, cardio with a handful of me to 8th in class products. Big Pod selling, stupid reps, immature managers.

Saunders will eventually sell Actavist. His history as CEO is to sell every company he leads that's why he was handpicked by Ican when he was at Forest and that's why he was selected CEO over the Actavist CEO when the companies merged.

Actavist is not much better than Valeant.

It's a shame Allergan can not be bought out by a quality company instead of these two shit companies.

Allergan, Actavist, Valeant. Allergan is by FAR the best company of the three but they will most likely no longer exist while these crap companies continue on. What a shame.