• Wed news: 2025 Medicare drug price negotiations. BioAge Labs aiming at $180M IPO. Merck Keytruda colorectal cancer flop. Sanofi gets bids for consumer health unit. Novo Nordisk CEO in Senate hot seat. See more on our front page

Ackman looking for next target, as Allergan looks like a bust

Anonymous

from Barron's...

Citing unnamed sources, the WSJ reports that Ackman could be setting up Zoetis as a “a fallback plan” for Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX) if it fails to buy Allergan (AGN)

Ackman informed Zoetis of the stake in a phone call, the company said in a statement, without providing further details. Another fund, Sachem Head Capital Management LP, raised its stake to about 1.6 percent in partnership with Pershing Square to increase shareholder returns at the company, according to a Pershing Square statement yesterday.

<

from Barron's...

Citing unnamed sources, the WSJ reports that Ackman could be setting up Zoetis as a “a fallback plan” for Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX) if it fails to buy Allergan (AGN)

Ackman informed Zoetis of the stake in a phone call, the company said in a statement, without providing further details. Another fund, Sachem Head Capital Management LP, raised its stake to about 1.6 percent in partnership with Pershing Square to increase shareholder returns at the company, according to a Pershing Square statement yesterday.

...and your point is? either Ackman or Activis! Does it really matter when it comes to losing your independence and value?

...and your point is? either Ackman or Activis! Does it really matter when it comes to losing your independence and value?

Anyone who doesn't see that Valeant is a company so bad
- that its own consultants call it "a house of cards"
- its accounting practices are described as murky at best
- and its only hope is in destroying Alergan's R&D and using the money it saves to service its huge debt load over the short-term...

Well, it matters! Getting bought sucks, but getting bought by Valeant vs anyone else (short of Enron or Tyco)... there's a difference.

Anyone who doesn't see that Valeant is a company so bad
- that its own consultants call it "a house of cards"
- its accounting practices are described as murky at best
- and its only hope is in destroying Alergan's R&D and using the money it saves to service its huge debt load over the short-term...

Well, it matters! Getting bought sucks, but getting bought by Valeant vs anyone else (short of Enron or Tyco)... there's a difference.

...speaking from a sales rep perspective, it doesn't matter who does the buying! Our jobs and work/life balance will never be the same...actavis or valeant, does not matter! My job is still in question and my ability to sell in a comfortable environment is no more

It's amazing to see how this has played, our mgt dressed up valeant to be the worse possible takeover ever, and now almost saying nothing about actavis, who will do more or less the same thing, worse I'd say as they will be spending more money to buy us.

Sher ive seen it called a merger lol.

It's amazing to see how this has played, our mgt dressed up valeant to be the worse possible takeover ever, and now almost saying nothing about actavis, who will do more or less the same thing, worse I'd say as they will be spending more money to buy us.

Sher ive seen it called a merger lol.

The "white knight" Actavis swoops in to save Allergan from the "vile" Valeant/Ackman.

The higher price is great for shareholders, but it will come at the price of deeper cuts.

Sher ive seen it called a merger lol.[/QUOTE

Back to business as usual - we will here this a lot!