• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

A sales career and the destruction of your character/personality.

I really can't think of a worse career choice to destroy your life.
It was considered one of the best industries pre 2005 or around there.

Today, it is one of the worst.

2020 Debacle really opened up the doors, and showed who runs this industry as well. Jimmy Jams Jabber for everyone. And today, we are left with the low IQ coworkers that are willing to jump off a bridge to keep their jobs.

Sad state of affairs.

And, I am happy to be out of it.

It was considered one of the best industries pre 2005 or around there.

Today, it is one of the worst.

2020 Debacle really opened up the doors, and showed who runs this industry as well. Jimmy Jams Jabber for everyone. And today, we are left with the low IQ coworkers that are willing to jump off a bridge to keep their jobs.

Sad state of affairs.

And, I am happy to be out of it.
The good times in pharmaceutical sales ended around 1993...

The good times in pharmaceutical sales ended around 1993...
Yes, this is probably true.

I am over 50 now, and I think the best job out there is 1. your own business, 2. teaching, a subject you love or 3. lazy state job.

Working for any major corporation is not only a waste of time, but you will definitely be underpaid vs the work they want you to do. They flipping own you, and those that can't see that, are really just not intelligent. Being an order taker all your life, is not the way to live. It is demeaning and it lacks integrity.

It is incredible to see my last 20 years in pharmaceuticals vs. my friends that were teachers out of college.

Me in my first pharmaceutical sales job in 2004: 55K, Car, 30k bonus. My teacher friend: 45K/year. I laughed at the teaching profession.

Fast forward to 2024, where my friend has enjoyed over 20 years of job stability and is not even 50 yet (with a great pension). He is a principal making about 175K/year with full pension and full job stability. He has very little stress because his experience allows him to understand situations and act accordingly, in a professional manner.

Me: making less than him, with more stress and always concerned about job stability at the end of the year. Worst thing I had to accept was that he is a leader, impacting lives in a positive way. While, I sell nonsense. Absolutely no impact on my community with my "side effect" drugs, and working for a big corporation that does not give back to the community.

It is so embarrassing.

I am done with it. I hope others will consider this move with me. Look at the big picture in life a be a professional, not a dealer.