• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

7 years, 7 millions scripts. Looking damn good Amitiza sales force!

Anonymous

Key highlights from Sucampo's investor call. Think Takeda and Sucampo finally got it right after last summers arbitration.

January 2013 second highest month of TRx ever (+9.7%) for Amitiza
Q4 TRx and NRx growth: 6% YoY
Q4 net sales increase: up 31.3% to $74.6 million
Over 7 million prescriptions over 7 years
Amitiza sales up 20% to $271 million, with highest Q4 ever at $74 million

Growth trajectory expected to continue for Amitiza

PDUFA date April 2013
sNDA for OIC
Unmet need: 2-2.5 million moderate to severe non-cancer, chronic pain patients, most dissatisfied with current treatment options

All this with the approval of a new competitor last August. Linzess hasn't even dented Amitiza sales, in fact we saw record profits in January and Q4 with Amitiza. Looking damn good Amitiza sales force!

<

A nice upgrade on Sucampo stock this week. Not too shabby!

Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP): Shares, up 3.26% on Monday, are begun with a Buy recommendation and $10 target price at Maxim Group, which points to potential promise with its dual drugs AMITIZA (to treat constipation) and Rescula (ophthalmology).

$10 target huh, with 7 years and 7 million scripts of efficacy, IRWD has a $25 target with 2 months of sales results, which include taking 30% of the NRx share from....Amitiza!!

You have 12 scripts in my territory for the quarter, compared to my 450. Not exactly kicking my rear-end. Docs are not buying your chloride channel activator in my market.

If you get 12 new scripts each quarter and the refills that go with it at the end of seven years you will have way more than 450.

Takeda Geniuses

You have 12 scripts in my territory for the quarter, compared to my 450. Not exactly kicking my rear-end. Docs are not buying your chloride channel activator in my market.

OIC indication will push us even further, having the 16mcg dose will help. Docs like to titrate constipation meds like they do for hypertension. Linzess has weak end points in their study. They only looked at 3 BM's for success. Their once a day, no nausea is a out all they have going for them. The 16mcg dose will also cut down on nausea for Amitiza.

OIC indication will push us even further, having the 16mcg dose will help. Docs like to titrate constipation meds like they do for hypertension. Linzess has weak end points in their study. They only looked at 3 BM's for success. Their once a day, no nausea is a out all they have going for them. The 16mcg dose will also cut down on nausea for Amitiza.

Are you stupid? Are you one of the two Takeda reps that are constantly bickering with each other on the Ironwood threads?

Are you stupid? Are you one of the two Takeda reps that are constantly bickering with each other on the Ironwood threads?

Says the IW drone on a Takeda thread.

And it wasn't bickering, I just outed who he was. He is a 24 know it all that needs to shut up while he is typing in his mommys basement.

Now go back to that boring thread on IW page and enjoy the smelly rental car.

Unfortnuately many Takeda Legacy reps and managers were already promoting off label for this indication while selling Rozerem